Best Coon Killer Ever (if killing is only option) !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that the use of this product may get you in trouble as well. Although it does work well for preditors, it may not be legal to use it in your area. The fly bait mentioned is Golden Malrin which is a neural toxin designed to control flys in a dairy or fly infested area. The neural toxin in Golden Malrin shuts down all brain functions in the flies resulting in death. This is what the product was designed for. Regardless of application, it DOES kill anything that ingests it. As for Chickenzoo's comments that there is no suffering never saw the animal after eating the bait. He just saw the results. I have seen it. I would recommend all alternative methods before using this. It does get rid of your preditors but Please read the lable for usage of this product. " Use of this product other than intended use may be unlawful..." Just cover your own butt if you decide to use this method.

This is a bad idea folks and illegal. This will eventually result in something you don't want to die to do so- a bit irresponsible to relate it to others or encourage it in my opinion. Keystonepaul

I did not say there was no suffering, I said their was less suffering - than if it were caught in a leg trap, shot at and kept running and was unable to be found and bled to death, or chewed apart by dogs, IMO. I also explained to use only if killing was your only option and it would kill good or bad, so it should be placed with care - away from other animals and children, as with any poison. Any product that ones uses other than what is written on the label takes the responsible, but that relates to many many products, house cleaners, antifreeze, car products etc etc. I feel this is safer than shooting at it with a gun, I'm sure my neighbors did too, and it was a joint effort of our neighbors. We tried for awhile now to trap them with no luck, this worked overnight. I don't see people upset over rat poison, and it can kill other animals too.

Last edited:
I don't know how to quote, but I copied this from the sticky at the top of the pred and pest section.

"*Although some ways are not considered ideal to some, it serves the purpose of removing the offending predator. If you have an idea or a helpful comment, please do reply. If it is a sarcastic comment about the disposal or capture of a predator, please keep your thoughts to yourself. We are not here to judge one another on methods or ways and means.

*Compassion will go a long way toward helping to educate and help solve someone's predator problem. No matter the reason, most members' birds are their pets and being a chicken doesn't make it less of a pet than a house cat or companion dog. Please don't lecture or hassle anyone about their losses. Glass houses......

*It is the responsibility of the person with the predator to determine the legalities of what they do and that person will take ultimate responsibility. BYC does not condone illegal acts."

Does anyone read this???

Last edited:
I had never heard of this. Interesting!
smile.png

Also, if you can set this up high, a table or make them climb over fences like they "love" to do, then other critters wouldn't be so apt to get at this poison. Great idea, thanks for the new MO. Your right on leaving a coon in a trap over night, they can go out of their minds (sometimes it helps us) but its not humane.

Quote:
Oh, Double post, puter errored.

Question if anyone knows? I was reading Fish and Game regulations for my area under trapping and protection of property, and skunks are listed the same as mice, rats, etc, with no limits...I dont know about raccoons. Does the method that you use to dispose of them matter or are there specific methods you have to use? The code gets rather vague at that point?

Tina/tfpets

Last edited:
We found a bigger one this time ! I was hoping that the two smaller ones were the last of them killing the chickens, but we found an even bigger one dead. How many can there be....... The bait was in the old chicken coop so they had to dig in to get the bait. Hope this is the last one.
sad.png

Last edited:
Awhile back I let my chickens out to free range, they were out about a week and I lost four chickens. Two I never saw any signs of whats-so-ever, two I only saw a pile of feathers. Needless to say I am scared to let them outside now. Would this be the work of coons??

Also I heard that skunks only ate the eggs but didn't bother the chickens, is this not true?

Thanks so much.
Theresa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom