Best cutters for cutting HC without much effort

Vinyl siding snips

View attachment 2065086
Like cutting paper
I bought them this morning before I left for work. Now I have 3 pair! :lau

I use tin snips too, they are made for cutting metal so really should need to be sharpened.
I actually cut on the garage floor and push bottom handle against the floor to 'increase' the force to more than just squeezing the handles.
full

I read someone else did that on an Amazon review. Will try that when I'm cutting the HC.

I didn't find anything, when I did a google search, that looks like yours.

Not surprised, it’s pretty old.
Most of my tools are at least 60 years old, I find that they are of better quality than today’s tools.

I did a quick google search and freight harbour sells an electric sheet metal snipper for $35.00
They claim that it cuts 18 gauge sheet metal. Cutting hc by hand is very tedious and tiring, Buying this electric cutter may be a good idea if you lack the strength to use a hand cutter.

I did a quick google search and freight harbour sells an electric sheet metal snipper for $35.00
They claim that it cuts 18 gauge sheet metal. Cutting hc by hand is very tedious and tiring, Buying this electric cutter may be a good idea if you lack the strength to use a hand cutter.

I should look into getting one. I've been using tin snips and my hand gets blistered to the point that skin peels off, over the amount of friction and force it requires. :(

Back
Top Bottom