• Fermented

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

bsides2007

Songster
Jun 8, 2015
Upper Peninsula, MI
Hi everyone :)
I am happy to say that I am now (finally) a duck mom! I have been feeding all of my ducks organic and non-gmo feed from the beginning, but am curious to get other opinions on types of duck feed. I know there are better options than Dumor (even though it's organic) but I'm stumped on whether to try a different brand like Scratch and Peck feeds, or to go an entirely different rout and do fermented feed or a fodder system. Which do you prefer/think is best and why?

I'm also in the process of building their coop, so I'd love to see some examples if you have photos!

Thanks!

Hello, and congratulations! As for your feed question, I think I'm speaking for most of us when I say we often use non-organic feed. But in my experience, feed combined with vegetation (such as vegetables in fodder) have made my ducks the happiest. Feel free to ask anything else, I hope this helped.

Before, I used chicken scratch and found a deficiency in one of my ducks. I switched them to chicken layer feed and things have been going well so far.

Back
Top Bottom