Best indoor chicken breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Also do you guys have any other breed suggestions for indoor/outdoor chicken, with 2 companions of same breed. I would rather it be litter box trained then wear a diaper tho. I was thinking about australorp or buff orp, is that stupid?

Can I ask where yo got your sebright? I will have a yard and thus can let my chickens out but would like to keep it inside alot. Did you get it straight run?
I got both my sebrights out of the bantam bin at TSC where i got my first chicks last year. I ended up with 3 pullets and one roo.. ( one of the season employees raises chicks and has for like 15 years and wing sexed the 9 birds i know not accurate but i only brought homeonerooster who is from a henfeathered breed) timmy is affectionate once hisgirls are settled on the roost at night. He is an amazing protector. Farrah, the hen has always been aloofbut she is beautiful and shelooks you inthe eye and makes faces like ravens do

How to you potty train them?
The only time they seem to have any interest in holding the poop is when they are broody.
I have (kind of) litter trained a goat, which I didn't think was possible, until it happened, though...
I would assume it is pretty similar to a cat. I saw a video of someone litter box training their chicks with a clicker and treats.

OK since you don't like this analogy, let's compare domestic chickens to their ancestor, the Red jungle fowl. Red jungle fowl spend the entirety of their day roaming their vast territories in search of food. At the first sight of danger, they fly away, something domestic chickens still do, something impossible to do in a home. One of the main ways of foraging for food, fowl scratch and peck at the ground to uncover its delicious secrets. Now, I don't believe someone has dirt as flooring for their homes yet. And by the way, since you didn't like it when someone compared chickens to a feline, why did you do the same?
Why dont we compare dogs to their ancestors too shall we? Wolves spend their days wandering through the woods hunting in a pack. Something that modern dogs do not get to do. Wolves also dig dens to give birth in. Again something modern dogs are unable to do. I dont know what your trying to convince me here but it aint working 😂

They’ve been bred to live outside though. They still have their natural instincts. Dogs have had those bred out mostly or channeled into other things. And she specifically has said hers CANT go outside. She lives in a townhouse. So for her they would NOT be happy.
Dogs still have natural instincts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom