Best indoor chicken breed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I see you’ve changed it to 2 chickens which is an improvement but chickens generally will poop everywhere and I can’t see a chicken being happy in a diaper. How about 2 quail? They are similar to chickens, you could have an enclosure so they’d be locked up at times to not poop everywhere.
I know probably not a popular pet around these parts but a rodent could also be a good match for you! Or a pair of house rabbits- can be house trained.

What is the best indoor chicken breed? I don't like silkies. I've had a buff polish as a house pet, and would consider getting a polish.
I'm looking for the following:
~Small
~doesn't need a ton of attention
~doesn't need another chicken companion
~doesn't lay many eggs
~visibly attractive and fun
~calm
~doesn't try to poop all over everything
~would be ok wearing a diaper
A budgie would cover all of the above except for the diaper part :D I would recommend getting two if you don't want to give it a lot of attention though.

May I suggest putting sand on the floor of your coop/house. It will dry out the poop and allow you to scoop it up when company's coming. If the dust and feathers become untolerable you can suck it all up with a Shop Vac and start fresh. Maybe decorate with a beach motif and get sunglasses for the chickens..

What is the best indoor chicken breed? I don't like silkies. I've had a buff polish as a house pet, and would consider getting a polish.
I'm looking for the following:
~Small
~doesn't need a ton of attention
~doesn't need another chicken companion
~doesn't lay many eggs
~visibly attractive and fun
~calm
~doesn't try to poop all over everything
~would be ok wearing a diaper
There isn't a single chicken in the world like that.
Get a dog.

We were bringing in groceries & Flossie(leghorn) came in thru the open door for a short visit 😆 also We were missing a hen last night sis called me from work at 7am our RIR was in her car! Went to work with her & even laid an egg in car! 😆 sis brought her home on her break! I 💘! My silly chickens!
20230123_151431.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom