Best Poultry Hatchery or Breeder Near Central IL

OSUman

GO BUCKS
10 Years
Apr 17, 2009
Central Illinois
What do you all think is the best hatchery that caries the best pure stock?
Who is the best breeder near central IL?

Last edited:
Um... how many hatcheries are out there?! You'll probably get at least 30 votes per hatchery, depending on locale, breed preference and local PO tendencies! Personally, I found that my local chicken buddies are probably the best source for pure breeds hatched/raised in good conditions. If you want show stock, attend some local shows, ask the exhibitors lots of questions and see if there's a local online poultry group to help you with that. Otherwise, just head for the breeders section here, and happy hatching or fresh peepers!

thanks i don't know if there are any breeders near me
and dave they are too expensive for me thanks though

Last edited:
Quote:
If you choose vet care over culling for the sick chicks, it might turn out to be cheaper to buy chicks from good breeders!

there is a hatchery in Chicago area which I can not remember which it was.

And plenty of private breeders here in the state of Illinois to choose from. All of them are good folks!

the Rural King in Vandalia was selling their remaining chicks today for .99 each !! .......... straight run ........... various breeds .......... I think they come from cackle hatchery

Be careful, most of the st run chicks are roosters.

A friend of mine told me that her neighbor went to Rural King and bought 50 chicks, all are males except for one!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom