Best Rooster!

LunarRayne

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
SW Arkansas
I traded a breeding pair for a breeding pair with my mother in law. The rooster I got is 3 years old. He is fantastic! He keeps everyone else in check. Today, we heard a noise so my husband rushed out to check. What he found was a huge chicken hawk flying over the property. The 3 year old rooster was warning everyone. I had my 1 week old babies outside! He warned everyone. My husband said they all immediately ran under the bushes and into the coop. The week olds ran into their box and hit the ground. I have 50-60 birds and he protected them all. This was the first time he has had to. I know it is just his part as the dominant rooster, but he has only been here about a month. He does not mate with any hen other than the hen we brought with him. All he really had to do was save her. Instead he called out to everyone.

I love this guy!!
88311_imag0316.jpg

Good looking Roo Mine looks a lot like yours named "RUN RUN" I had the flock out for grazing the other day and I startled a stay cat and RUN RUN took off after that cat and chased it across the road. Now we know why the chicked crossed the road. LOL

Thank you all! I love him!!

We just hatched out some of his babies and we have more due in a week. I am super excited. The first ones go to my mother in law. She decided she wants his babies and would like to give us back our chickens as a trade. The next hatch is mine... I am sharing a few with my cousin, though.

Back
Top Bottom