best way to kill rats

I'm fond of the stairway to heaven rat traps. I don't have rats but use them on mice. They catch multiples in a single night.
Just google 'stairway to heaven' rat trap. It is a bucket of water with a ramp and a spinning bait.

I've tried electronic traps, regular wire traps, Tom Cat and live traps using bacon, cheese and peanut butter (seems the best) as bait. Eventually they get wise to any of them.

cage traps with walnut halves glued to the bait pan. I also use a couple of pieces just inside that they can eat and let their guard down. Rat bait stations are pretty safe for pets too.

I know a friend that killed rats by pumping gas down the rat holes then lit the gas!! it sure got rid of the rats but it also made some nice grooves in his garden!!
I do not recommend this at all i was just saying this as i found it funny. the rats could have buried under something which would then blow up. Do not do this.

I know a friend that killed rats by pumping gas down the rat holes then lit the gas!! it sure got rid of the rats but it also made some nice grooves in his garden!!
I do not recommend this at all i was just saying this as i found it funny. the rats could have buried under something which would then blow up. Do not do this.

Ha Ha - I have an LPG gas tank in my garden. If I tried this I would have no rats, no chickens no garden, no neighbours! :eek:

you can put dry ice down their holes and the seal them. the dry ice will fill their passages with co2 and they will die. it works but you have to know what tunnels hey are in

Of course you can always get a ferret although I don't know as those being sold today as pets have the killer instinct. Just send it down the hole and they will kill every rat they encounter but you have to have a long leash on them to retrieve them as they will eat what they kill.

Back
Top Bottom