Bichon Frise Had Her Litter Sept. 11th!

Muggsmagee

Menagerie Mama
13 Years
Dec 15, 2009
Central NY
My sweet little Bichon Frise is due Sept 17th. She was paired with a tiny little Yorkie named Bode. She had a litter 2 years ago (same breed cross, different dad). Being as it was her first, she had an amazing 6 puppies!!! From memory she did not seem so HUGE then. Now I'm wondering if she is going to be having a colossal litter based on the size of her belly!?!

Last edited:
What are the purpose of these pups? Pet? Agility?

Not to offend, but I am strongly against the selling of mix breeds outside of animal shelters/Rescues - unless there is some sort of purpose besides "it's cute".

Avla wrote: What are the purpose of these pups? Pet? Agility?

Not to offend, but I am strongly against the selling of mix breeds outside of animal shelters/Rescues - unless there is some sort of purpose besides "it's cute".

No offense taken. It is a fair question. I have a son that is horribly allergic to dogs. The Bichon Frise and Yorkshire Terriers are hypoallergenic. The Bichon is an extremely high maintenance dog....due to easily getting dreadlocks, etc. The Yorkie is much easier...the hair is easier to cut (puppy cut) and brush through. Between the two temperaments of the breeds it was a perfect match for a small, hypoallergenic dog. Unlike labradoodles, both parents (Yorkie/Bichon) have hair, not fur, so you don't get the dander, etc. that aggravates those that are allergic to it. It was a match for us, in that we kept a puppy from her first litter (he will be 2 soon, AND he is neutered), and this is the dog that sleeps with my son at night! My son is happy, we are happy, our dogs are happy.​

I wanna see pics of the pups when they come!!
love.gif
I bet they'll be adorable!!

As for the dog breeding issue..
Just ignore them... its hopeless...
gig.gif

Quote:
Fair enough, I don't think you are a bad breeder per say - but, I don't see them as more than pet quality with a lack of dander for those allergic.
There are 175,991 dogs listed on petfinder, of which 807 are Bichon's and 1,589 are yorkies.
I myself have an English Bulldog and I would have LOVED to adopted from a shelter/rescue before I bought from a breeder but where I live we only have hounds in our shelters and hounds do not fit my lifestyle at this current time, so I decided that I would use my EB in conformation and use him for something - even though I probably will enjoy the companionship more.
tongue.png

BTW, post pics!!!
tongue.png
I would love to see her, Bichons are gorgeous.

Last edited:
I wanna see pictures, too please!
big_smile.png
I have a Bichon male (who is neutered) and is 7 years old. His name is Nitro and is the cutest thing ever. Even at 7 years he still acts like a little puppy
roll.png

I have cleaned this thread up. A few need to be reminded of the rules here, including:

3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntarily, so please be considerate when posting.
5. No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.
6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.
7. No Fighting. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong" threads and posts will be edited or deleted.

Back
Top Bottom