1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Binghamton/Endicott NY area (near PA border): Anyone want to split a chick order?

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by Nyxish, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Nyxish

Nyxish Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2009
    i would really like to do an order from McMurry hatchery this spring, either April or May. The minimum order is 15, i am looking to keep 4 - 5. i will happily pay shipping (for an order of 15 - 20), and you'd only have to tell me what breed to order for you and pay for your birds. My "possible order" guess was in the $20 - $30 range for 10 common breed birds, not counting shipping.

i am willing to negotiate keeping/raising them for a couple weeks from arrival: they do need to leave before they can take over my work room tho (within a monthish). :)

Please contact me if interested.

2. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Have you joined us on the NY chicken lover thread?

3. Regan71

Regan71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    Southern Tier ~ NY
    Nyxish: did you ever go in on an order with anyone? Does McMurray hatchery carry the breeds I listed below? thanks[​IMG]

rancher hicks:
    I'm new to BYC :) What's the NY chicken lover thread? I am also looking for just a handful of chicks plus I have two specific breeds in mind :p ( Silver Laced Wyandottes and Buff Orpingtons) am I dreaming or is this possible? thanks!

Sorry, I know this is an old thread, but I'm new today :)

4. silvercat76

silvercat76 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2011
    Mountaidale
    I ordered from cackle hatchery they are hatching tomorrow and will arrive on Wednesday. In about two hours down from Binghamton. Cackle had a minimum of 15 chicks and 15.00 and up for shipping.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by