bird asleep in coop, might have gotten too cold

Have the other roos been lost to 'worms' as well. And yeah, vets are expensive but I think it'd really be worth it to take that thing to the vet to find what in the hell it is.
No, only lost birds to predators, and one to impaction. Attached is another picture, with a quarter, penny, and a dime. It is a bit smaller than I initially described, sorry.

Attachments

• IMG-2850.JPG
    IMG-2850.JPG
    422.5 KB · Views: 9
Could def be a worm I would (if you have the guts (i wouldnt)) cut open your roo with some gloves on and see if there are more in his intestines or organs
I don't know if I have the heart for that...
However, I did feel his crop and it was full and liquidy. I don't know for sure if it was this way before he passed, but I am inclined to believe so.

Lighting, was flustered when I took the first pic. And no worries, I get it. Worms gross me out as well, but I have to suck it up for the sake of the flock if that is this one's cause of mortality.
Yeah... I would cut him open as sugge
I don't know if I have the heart for that...
However, I did feel his crop and it was full and liquidy. I don't know for sure if it was this way before he passed, but I am inclined to believe so.
Again... vet... expensive.... if you can I'd do it. I believe some worms secrete liquids so may be because of worms again. I do think cutting him open would be very hard but it may provide peace of mind if you find that is the cause. If it is just one worm that is weird. I'd still go to the vets though and worm the hell out of you chooks

Back
Top Bottom