Bird watching

Pics
Hey! Nice to meet fellow bird watchers! Baltimore oriels
IMG_1273.JPG
are stealing the show in my yard right now. I love when they show up along with the humming birds!

Hey! Nice to meet fellow bird watchers! Baltimore orielsView attachment 548269 are stealing the show in my yard right now. I love when they show up along with the humming birds!

Wow great picture, shaw! Beautiful bird. I don't think we have those here? I would have to look it up.

I love hummers but don't see them very often. I will have to put out some nectar or attractive plants? Might help the bees too?

We do have cardinals though. Apparently they were bathing in a puddle this morning but I missed it. :/

We have a pair and they're beautiful.

I need to refill the feeders though, I think they're out

Wow great picture, shaw! Beautiful bird. I don't think we have those here? I would have to look it up.

There are orioles around here. I haven't heard or seen one yet this year but my parents have.

We have a hummingbird that comes to hanging baskets. She seems to like fuschias.

Wow really? I guess I'll have to be on the look out for one then. :)

Thanks, maybe I'll get some hanging baskets

Oriels love oranges and the color orange. And they will just about eat all the grape jelly you wanna put out for them. I've also had other birds decide to eat the jelly, cat birds and robins and one time a sparrow lol.

Wow I never would have guessed about grape jelly lol do you just like put it in a bowl or? Thanks for the tips!

1. This is a female
    IMG_1247.JPG
    just a dish of some kind works as long as you have something orange to get their attention. Or cut an orange in half take out the orange and use the half as a bowl!

They are only in my area from about mid April till June or July so have no idea what time of year you have them in MA but probably around the same time.
IMG_20160512_184555_hdr.jpg
I have these beautiful bullies year round lol

Back
Top Bottom