Birdwatching Chat Thread

View attachment 2362108
Here's a young Rose-breasted Grosbeak I saw yesterday.
I have been busy, but I finally finished the re-draw. I'm much more satisfied with this one, it actually looks like a bird! :p
IMG_20201012_181348.jpg

Here are some of my bird-watching pictures! They are from the Bay Trail area, and I may add more later:
1) Is this a sparrow of some sort?
View attachment 2396864
2) Snowy egrets
View attachment 2396865
3) Double-crested cormorants
View attachment 2396866
4) Female mallard and something I have not identified?
View attachment 2396867
5) Snowy egret!
View attachment 2396869
6) Black-necked stilt
View attachment 2396868
7) Snowy egret (left) and great egret (right)
View attachment 2396874
8) What is this?
View attachment 2396875
I think the unidentified bird in pic #4 is a grebe, but I'm not sure what kind.

Here are some of my bird-watching pictures! They are from the Bay Trail area, and I may add more later:
1) Is this a sparrow of some sort?
View attachment 2396864
2) Snowy egrets
View attachment 2396865
3) Double-crested cormorants
View attachment 2396866
4) Female mallard and something I have not identified?
View attachment 2396867
5) Snowy egret!
View attachment 2396869
6) Black-necked stilt
View attachment 2396868
7) Snowy egret (left) and great egret (right)
View attachment 2396874
8) What is this?
View attachment 2396875
Your pictures are beautiful! What a great walk!

#1 Is definitely a sparrow, maybe a House Sparrow?
#4 Maybe a grebe of sorts?
#8 Avocet???

I see Red-tailed hawks, Peregrine Falcons, Turkey and Black vultures, Bald Eagles, Northern Harriers, Blue Jays, Northern Cardinals, Robins, Gray Catbirds, Mockingbirds, Barn Swallows, Chipping Saprrows, House Sparrows, Song Sparrows, Brown Thrashers, House Wrens, Red-winged black birds, Baltimore Orioles, Great Blue Herons, Canada Geese, I saw a Cedar Waxwing once, Carolina Wren, Juncos, Tufted Titmice, Great-crested Flycatchers, Eastern Wood Peewees, Pheobes, Eastern Bluebirds, Common Yellowthroat, downy and hairy woodpeckers, Pileated Woodpecker, Northern Flickers, etc.
My favorite bird that lives by me would probably be the House Wren. A pair built a nest in a bird house right by my window and I got to watch the babies grow up and fledge. It was really great. There was also a Gray Catbird nest right next to the wren nest. One of the fledglings got eaten by a snake, but the others survived. It was really cute to see them fly for the first time.
Pictures wanted!

Back
Top Bottom