Bitter apple to stop cats..ok to use?

angela0408

Songster
12 Years
May 30, 2009
Canada
My 6 month old cat is eating chicken food and she hasn’t diarrhea today. She’s eaten it for months not nowhere with no effect, but I think she’s eating too much. I also have a small goat the size of a chicken sneaking in for food too. I’m thinking about putting on some bitter apple spray. Will this stop the chickens from eating it? Is there something else I could try? Thanks!

If you don’t think it will hurt the chickens, I can always just put a small amount of food in and try it for the day and if no ones eating it I can toss it out, clean the container and put fresh stuff in. Hopefully during that time, the cat will be turned off.

I think it would leave a bitter aftertaste to the chickens too and it could have negative effects like them not wanting to touch their food anymore.

Where is the food located?

Is this an outdoor cat?

Is the cat fed dry food 24/7?

I honestly would leave food out for the cat all the time so that the cat is not tempted to go eat the chicken food.

It’s the barn cat. She has her own food and is self feeding. So yes 24/7. Her bowl is always filled up.

Do you not supply dry cat food for the cat? And a goat can get sick eating chicken feed. Separate the pens do no one is into each other's feed.

yes, as stated above, the cat has food all the time. I’m also aware the goat can get sick. She’s the same size as the chickens so she can fit through the chicken coop door right now. I’m hoping she’ll grow soon so she can’t fit through soon. She’s almost 8 months old but so tiny. And apparently boneless.

Back
Top Bottom