black friday.... is it really worth it?

Dar

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 31, 2008
I know black friday is the friday after thanksgiving (nov 27th this year?)

Is it really worth it?

My friend and I were planning on booking the Thursday and Friday off work and head south for a little shopping...

BUT:

I have heard some really nasty things like people getting trampled to death for a $5 television at Wal~Mart...

is it all media hype or is it really that bad that you have to dress like a line backer, or wear a Kevlar vest?

and are the deals really worth it?

i suppose it depends on what your after.. if there is a great sale on a popular item then expect to be trampled.. if your looking for something off the wall you should be safe lol

Yeah..its a pretty crazy day to shop..
good deals though..
big_smile.png

I second Hikerchick's comment. I think people who do the black Friday thing are in it more for the excitement, adrenalin rush, whatever, than for the bargains. Personally, I prefer less stress and shopping at my own pace rather than a race.

I went once. Never again. Everything that I wanted to get was gone except one thing. And the other stuff I got later and was that same price.

So-if you ask me......NO. Not worth it.

this may sound silly but we cant get the same stuff up here that you goys have in the states...

I was in Wal~Mart with my DD last weekend and she seen an R/C car she wanted, I said when we get home i will get it..

looked here at home... nothing even remotely like it

Its really hard to get shoes for my Dh here.. (size 15
roll.png
) i can find them all over the place in Buffalo

I enjoy it! My sister and I were supposed to go together, but she slept in so I shopped with her via the telephone. I live in small town so my Wal*Mart is not bad at all. I love the navigation system that I picked up for my family and hers too!

Back
Top Bottom