Black silkie was sold as pullet to me but i have a feeling its a roo

him and the roo wont fight or anything like that he is always with the roo h
Definitely not enough girls for 2 boys. The girls will be overbred and possibly very stressed. I try and shoot for 20 hens per rooster in my chicken yard but most people say 10 per rooster is fine too.
my cochin bantam cant breed with my hens (are larger than him Isa browns) so they dont get bred with at all theres only on that is the size of my roo

him and the roo wont fight or anything like that he is always with the roo h

my cochin bantam cant breed with my hens (are larger than him Isa browns) so they dont get bred with at all theres only on that is the size of my roo
Your cockerels are only 8-9 weeks right? Most of the time they won’t start fighting until breeding age around 4-6 months (sometimes earlier sometimes later) so you won’t know right now if they’ll be an issue. The hens being larger than them doesn’t mean nothing to the cockerels they will still fight over them. I’m not trying to say you’re going to have a guaranteed issue but don’t hold your breath. (Speaking from experience) Bachelor flocks are always a great option as well.

Your cockerels are only 8-9 weeks right? Most of the time they won’t start fighting until breeding age around 4-6 months (sometimes earlier sometimes later) so you won’t know right now if they’ll be an issue. The hens being larger than them doesn’t mean nothing to the cockerels they will still fight over them. I’m not trying to say you’re going to have a guaranteed issue but don’t hold your breath. (Speaking from experience) Bachelor flocks are always a great option as well.
the other day i saw the bantam roo trying to ''mount'' the silkie im not sure if its showing dominance or something like that the roo tried to hold it from the neck feathers

the other day i saw the bantam roo trying to ''mount'' the silkie im not sure if its showing dominance or something like that the roo tried to hold it from the neck feathers
Yes it’s a dominance things my roosters have done it to each other before. Keep a close eye it could get bloody.

guess who was trying to mount a hen today and went crazy yep its him so we recently got 7 week old chicks and i let the chicks out and someone misunderstood and opened the hens up so they had a clash and surprisingly it seemed like the silkie tried to mount them im not sure what happened but definitely saw him trying to mount a couple of hens tehy werent bothered by him because the cockerel bantam cant reach up to the hens so he tugs the neck feathers so uh confirmed male?

Back
Top Bottom