Blind Chickens

I have to as...how do tell if they are blind and not just being obstinate. I have an orpington that I SWEAR is nearly blind when it's treat time. She hesitates on locating a treat in front of her to the point the littles grab it right out from under her beak. She seems to get frustrated and walks away almost in disgust that she didn't get but a very few.

I have to as...how do tell if they are blind and not just being obstinate. I have an orpington that I SWEAR is nearly blind when it's treat time. She hesitates on locating a treat in front of her to the point the littles grab it right out from under her beak. She seems to get frustrated and walks away almost in disgust that she didn't get but a very few.

My hellen was obviously vision impaired as she had a horrible time figuring out how to walk around. She too would work harder whenever I got her treats. I would just have to wait and get my hand pecked. Her favorites were watermellon as she could see it a little bit better when she wasn't fully blind could find the big rines on the ground.

@Lovem all I’m his mama, and he is a mamas boy for sure. I believe his mix is Maran? From what the lady I got them from tells me about their possible mix’s that’s my best guess. He is very handsome and now has beautiful green and rust coloured feathers coming out on his wings, neck and head.
I’ll do whatever I can for him to make his life easier. And make sure he can live it to the fullest. ❤️🐓

Back
Top Bottom