BLizzard in Texas! ~* Finally over! *~ UPDATE pg.4

kyeschicks

Serama Chicken Enthusiast
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Texas
We are having a Blizzard in some parts of Texas! right now in Amarillo, Texas (where i am) and in Dalhart, Texas as far as I know those are the only places having a blizzard right now! it's very aweful! Im really worried about my chicks and my hens because they're out there in the cold! =[ since yesterday they've been canceling and closing all kinds of stuff. They've canceled school, and Closed many stores including Wal-Mart which its usually open all days and all time (even 4am) the Blizzard just started like at 5 am and who knows when its going to end in Amarillo and in Dalhart it started yesterday about 11pm and its still there right now!
ep.gif
I hope my chickens are OK because yesterday when it was raining like at 11pm I went and took the hens off from the roosting poles and put them in a dog house and I put wire all over the little house so that they won't come out and I put many blankets so that they could keep themselves warm they're 26 chickens in total so they must be warm ( I think =[ ) if my only ducklin dies im going to be very sad and upset
somad.gif
th.gif
also I supposed to receive some eggs today and I went to look in the P.O. website and I put my tracking number and it said that it had reached Amarillo, Texas today ( March 27, 2009) so they must be in the P.O. I believe I won't get them till the blizzard stops because the mail always arrives at 9am and its already 10am so I hope my eggs are ok =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry your chooks will be ok, 26 they have enough body heat. I do hope your eggs are okay and you receive them soon maybe you could call to see if they have gone out yet, you could pick them up if they have not.
hu.gif

My ducklings were out in a small converted utility closet with a heat lamp through the blizzard. They are fine. Mad because they can't play in the pond, but fine
tongue.png

Here in Kansas we are supposed to have a blizzard today and tomorrow, we are to get up to 12 inches of snow.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote:
gig.gif
lau.gif
yuckyuck.gif
what's the temp. over there?

it was 35 degrees when i went to the bank this morning around 7:30am, now its about 54 degrees and its 9am. I just wrote a small rant about it.... LOL

I'm with Poulets! Keep that stuff up there! My friend in SD is up to her tail feathers and ready to move back to N TX, but if that keeps up, she'll never make it! Good luck with the chooks and the shovel!

Back
Top Bottom