Blood on eggs

ariri30

Free Ranging
7 Years
May 18, 2015
Fair lawn nj
My oeb laid a very bloody egg. Should I worry?
I want to check her but she’s pretty wild and I cannot catch her I might be more susceful when she’s sleeping tonight if I can reach her in the coop. Or should I just leave her alone. She’s acting normal right now. Scratching around the yard.
Edit to say she’s one years old on March 1st. It’s not her first egg

Attachments

• 988C9BC0-8B72-4541-9C1D-41952B934EC1.jpeg
    988C9BC0-8B72-4541-9C1D-41952B934EC1.jpeg
    409.2 KB · Views: 4
My oeb laid a very bloody egg. Should I worry?No. It is not unusual to find eggs streaked with blood, even if not the first egg, on young hens. No need to catch her, but do observe closely in case it does become a problem-prolapsed vent.
I want to check her but she’s pretty wild and I cannot catch her I might be more susceful when she’s sleeping tonight if I can reach her in the coop. Or should I just leave her alone. She’s acting normal right now. Scratching around the yard.

My oeb laid a very bloody egg. Should I worry?No. It is not unusual to find eggs streaked with blood, even if not the first egg, on young hens. No need to catch her, but do observe closely in case it does become a problem-prolapsed vent.
Thanks for the reply. That’s a relief. I’ll keep an eye on her

Back
Top Bottom