Jinglebells0518

Chirping
Jun 25, 2018
I have an egg in the incubator that Never developed but I left it just in case. It's sibling of the same age is pretty far along. So today is day 13 and I decided it was definitely rime to call it quits on the dud. So I candle to make sure I'm removing the correct egg and there is a ring of red. About the size of a dime. It doesn't go around the whole edge of the egg but is kind of just floating at the top. Looks similar to the attached picture I stole from online. I just want to be sure this is a blood ring before I trash the egg because it doesn't look like most pictures I've seen but it also doesnt seem possible to be a developing embryo on day 13.

What causes blood rings to form? This was from an egg that never developed at all and that I thought was unfertilized.

Attachments

• D680A395-E5C7-4AAA-A052-5962A95505C6.jpeg
    D680A395-E5C7-4AAA-A052-5962A95505C6.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 14
I have an egg in the incubator that Never developed but I left it just in case. It's sibling of the same age is pretty far along. So today is day 13 and I decided it was definitely rime to call it quits on the dud. So I candle to make sure I'm removing the correct egg and there is a ring of red. About the size of a dime. It doesn't go around the whole edge of the egg but is kind of just floating at the top. Looks similar to the attached picture I stole from online. I just want to be sure this is a blood ring before I trash the egg because it doesn't look like most pictures I've seen but it also doesnt seem possible to be a developing embryo on day 13.

What causes blood rings to form? This was from an egg that never developed at all and that I thought was unfertilized.
That would be an early quitter. It was fertile, but something happened and it didnt develop far enough to get A blood ring on the shell.

Back
Top Bottom