bloody poop on a Sunday

Thank you for such an informative post, I've supplied myself with pretty much everything chicken health related but not the things you have pictured . I do have

Would this work or should I try to find the things you pictured?

Here's some pictures of their poo this morning, 2 days after suspicious poo

It sure won't hurt to worm them with the Wazine, but that only kills roundworms, so you should think about getting another wormer like Valbazen (albendazole) or Safeguard/Panacur (fenbendazole).

-Kathy

I have a similar problem and hope you all don't mind my asking within your thread... I've found really bloody poo in the poo-board 3 mornings in a row. Have no idea which hen ends up in that spot, although it IS in the same area of the poo board each morning. They shuffle around so much.

If it's there tomorrow morning, I will take a picture of it and maybe someone can shed some light on this? They're acting fine, eating, drinking, etc. 10 hens, 1 roo - anywhere from 4-8 eggs/day. They're all around 3 years old.

Just took a poop sample to a vet a few days ago - no worms. I did include this sample of bloody poo and the vet didn't say anything about it, but could've just been looking for worms and no further. It seems like a lot of blood to me, sticky and stringy-like. Haven't seen any blood on any of the eggs.

Don't see any mites, and I did "demite/delice" and wormed them all last month. They eat crumbles, scraps and green weeds that I pull for them. One hen has a very pale comb and waddle; the rest of them are nice and red. She's been this way for a long time, but acts normal in every other way.

Any insight is sure appreciated!

Get some Safeguard or Valbazen and de-worm them. A pale comb is most likely due to blood loss from mites and/or worms. Someone posted that capillary worms are hard to find and that the standard float test that a vet does will not find them, something about needing to spin the samples, but don't quote me on that.

-Kathy

Get some Safeguard or Valbazen and de-worm them. A pale comb is most likely due to blood loss from mites and/or worms. Someone posted that capillary worms are hard to find and that the standard float test that a vet does will not find them, something about needing to spin the samples, but don't quote me on that.

-Kathy

I wormed them all in August - used Wazine x24hrs in their water, then 12d later gave each a dose of Ivermectin soaked in bread. Used permethrin on coop and birds, too, for mites and lice. Would all this be sufficient? I really covered them with it. The 2 lbs was suppose to be enough for 100 birds and I did 11 birds and 1 6x6 coop with it.

Back
Top Bottom