Bloody stool? Death?

Jun 2, 2023
So I have a larger group of chicken ranging from 6 weeks to 6 months. Recently my 6 week old buff polish started pooping blood. I figured it was coccidiosis and gave him electrolytes/vitamin and mineral supplements and kept an eye on him. He’s doing much better now but then something strange happened. One of my 6 month old barnvelder hens randomly passed away last night. I let her out in the morning and she was completely normal, then about 5 o clock we found her curled up under the house passed away. No marks or anything, however she did look like she had worm eggs on her vent, Long white rice sized eggs. Then this morning I see on of my other hens is pooping mucousy blood as well. The whole flock will be getting treated with amprolium today, but I wanted to know if I should do anything else? It’s definitely coccidiosis right?

I haven’t treated him yet. He’ll be getting treated with the rest today. The older hen that pooped the blood has a clean vent. I thought I might have the wrong girl but I did a quick check over the flock and they all have a clean vent. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom