Bloody Stools and 1 Month Old Chicks

Thank you, I am very happy about that as well. Just worried about a couple of them who are looking a little unkempt and droopy, specifically the Cream Legbar. My Golden Cuckoo Marans is also on my special watch radar. I'd love to get your insight after I post photos. But I wont be able to post until around 7 pm EST.

I will be happy to take a look. I hope you come home and find them all happy and bouncy:)

I will be happy to take a look. I hope you come home and find them all happy and bouncy:)

Pictures as requested. See what I mean about their eyes? They seem alert and they eat and drink but these two just seem especially not well :(

I'm going to give them each 2 drops of corid after this uploads. Do you think I should do the same to the other 8 as well?
IMG_0201.JPG
IMG_0202.JPG
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0205.JPG
IMG_0208.JPG
IMG_0211.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG
Pictures as requested. See what I mean about their eyes? They seem alert and they eat and drink but these two just seem especially not well :(

I'm going to give them each 2 drops of corid after this uploads. Do you think I should do the same to the other 8 as well?View attachment 1120160View attachment 1120161View attachment 1120162View attachment 1120163View attachment 1120164View attachment 1120165

Another of my sweet legbar. Even though she looks the worst she pushes her way right in there to get food from my hand. So that's kept me hopeful.

I'm just not sure about the eyes. Keep a watch on them, if they become watery or have a discharge then there would be a worry of respiratory illness. Sometimes eye conditions can be genetic or environmental. Since you have 2, it may be that they are a little more susceptible to dusty bedding since they are under the weather. Hopefully it will resolve itself once they recover fully.

I would give a couple of drops undiluted Corid 2x a day along with making the Corid water mixture available at all times.

Your pool is looking quite small....
Do you have somewhere with more room to move them too?

Before all of this happened I was going to put them outside on Saturday....
I'm just not sure about the eyes. Keep a watch on them, if they become watery or have a discharge then there would be a worry of respiratory illness. Sometimes eye conditions can be genetic or environmental. Since you have 2, it may be that they are a little more susceptible to dusty bedding since they are under the weather. Hopefully it will resolve itself once they recover fully.

I would give a couple of drops undiluted Corid 2x a day along with making the Corid water mixture available at all times.

The eyes don't seem watery and they don't have any discharge as of yet. I want to put them in a bigger space but I'm afraid to put them outside just yet. How long do you think I should wait?

It's hard to know when to put them outside. They may actually do better in fresh air and sunshine.
What do you have prepared for them outside - a coop/run, grow out pen and do you have other chickens that you will be integrating them with?

Back
Top Bottom