BLUE-AMERAUCANA eggs not all blue

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by d73, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    here a pic of some babies from last year the off white ones were my splash Ameraucanas

[​IMG]

If you still want Ameraucana eggs in december pm me I should have some by then [​IMG] they will be BBS

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Pokes, yes, they are cute as they can be!

I do not know this guy personally but if he got his birds from a reputable breeder, I wished he would change his Ebay name to something else instead of "dealerlarry". It makes me wary of anyone that has that "dealer" names. Not sure where he got his Amercuanas from.

Good luck with the chicks!

D73, I dont think it is a splash, a splash woudl be mostly light blue with spots here and there. As for the legs, it is normal at this age and I would wait awhile because they should get darker as time goes. If it remains light instead of black or slate, then you got an EE.

3. KyBlue

KyBlue Songster

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    I agree- the chick does not have the "typical" blue OR splash coloring. [​IMG]

4. lauralou

lauralou Songster

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I am finding this thread fascinating!

So very, very glad that I already know where my Ameraucanas are coming from next year! From a dear and trusted friend...

Whew! [​IMG]

5. KyBlue

KyBlue Songster

Dec 13, 2008
    Southeastern KY
    What did the other chick that died pipping look like? Did it have the same markings and color?

6. d73

d73 In the Brooder

May 30, 2009
    Pine Island Florida
    It only made a hole about the size of a pea. I didnt open it to see.

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Yay, Lauralou!! [​IMG] (You are, of course, supposing that I get more girls and that the little brats actually start laying!)

It is disturbing that the person in question came off the Ameraucana Breeders list. I suppose I thought that list was more carefully policed. When I began to build my own flock that is where I went to pick breeders. I guess I was lucky.

My initial line was from the Gardners in Georgia. Both of my big roos came from that hatch. Round two came from Cree Farms and round three came from Pips&Peeps. I have been very pleased overall with what I got. The Gardner boys are gorgeous! The Pips&Peeps babies are still about half size, but from all appearances they are going to be spectacular as well. (I also have to add that I got a really good hatch out of P&Ps eggs -better than 50% on shipped eggs. I would totally order from her again.)
    My only disappointment is that I have gotten some gold and red leakage on my Cree Farms splash and blue roos. I'm not seeing it in the blue or black hens, but I did see it on all three roos. The trade off is that the Cree eggs were a really nice color. I have no idea what egg color I will get as nobody is laying yet. I'm hoping it will be fantastic. I can't wait to see what happens when I mix all three of thess lines!

I'm sorry you had such a bad time of it, D73. It is very frustrating when you don't get what you were promised.

8. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Quote:That looks like a cochin to me, just without feathered legs.....................

9. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    To me it looks like any mottled chicks that I have ever hatched. Definitely not splash or blue. Glad to know about this, I was actually planning on buying from this person someday. I think that might be a bad idea now.

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Don't the Blue Andalusians have this marking traits?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: