Blue Egg Layers from University of Arkansas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we talking "Rocket Science" understanding of genetics here or some basic understanding with some trail, error and time?

You will lose the blue genes and will need to make sure to use the ones with blue genes in the breeding program. That and working with the correct matings to get the auto sexing working.

Maybe make friends with @nicalandia

I am considering buying some [COLOR=333333]Norwegian Jaerhon hatching eggs this spring along with the U of A Blue eggs with the intent of crossing them with the hope of keeping the Norwegian Jaehon Auto-sexing trait and the U of A blue egg.  Norwegian Jaehon are smaller large birds that lay large white eggs from Norway.  Does this sound like a reasonable plan?[/COLOR]

Ok, I read this twice....... are you trying to make the Arkansas blue autosexing........... or the jaerhons blue egg layers?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not Really Rocket Science, at least not to me and I will make sure its not to you too.. its actually easy, you croos your Blue egger hen a Jaerhon male, , this will produce blue/black barred looking birds with Peacombs(from blue egger) the I would take any F1 hens from this cross and mate it back to Jaerhon male , this cross will produce 50% Blue/Black chicks(with headspot), this blue/black chicks will be Culls.... 50% of the rest of the chicks will look like Jaerhons, keep the ones with peacombs, this will be the Autosexing Blue egger Jaerhons you are need ing... you see EASY...! Jaerhon Male x Blue blue egger F1 Blue Barred Hens x Jaernon Male around 25% of your backcross will be blue egger Jaerhons(with pea comb)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom