Blue Laced Red Wyandottes Wanted!!!!!!!!!

Urbanchickenfarmer

Songster
10 Years
Apr 27, 2009
Woodburn, OR
Does anyone know where i can get Blue Laced Red Wyandotte eggs, or chickes (shipped) for cheap.... i really love how these birds look and dont have much money... I want a dozen eggs or 6-10 chicks and i only have lik 20 to 25 dollars.. or atleast will!!!
roll.png

Well, chicks never ship cheap. The box to ship alone costs $10. I don't know anyone who would be able to ship chicks for under $40. If you don't care too much about the quality, Murray McMurray Hatchery sells them but they used golden laced Wyandottes to speen production. That causes brassiness that is very hard to get rid of. The red on these is supposed to be red - not buff. Anyway, to answer your question another way, you should check out the 24 and 48 hour hatching threads. There were six eggs listed on there this afternoon with $12 shipping and the eggs were at $6 the last I looked. It's very expensive to get nice ones usually. My pullets were$25 each and the chicks I'm getting were $8.50 each. Ouch!

Good luck!

If you haven't already, check out bluelacedred.com - that's where15 of my chookies are coming from! They have beautiful birds as does kycalls.com!

hopefully... cause i really want some eggs. i just feel in love with them when i found the picture. but almost everyone wants to sell theres for 40 dollars a dozen.... and i just dont have that money... i want show quality... and everything too thats what sucks.
hmm.png

The blue laced red isn't technically accepted by the American Poultry association as an approved color for Wyandottes so they would have to be shown in open classes. The general assumption is that no one has show quality just yet as the true Wyandotte type just isn't quite there yet. That said, there are breeders working on it and some - Mr. Saffles included - have much nicer quality birds than others.

oh ok..... ya i kinda guessed they didnt have a class and open class would be fine... if he has such nice BLRW then i wouldnt have to worry about losing

Thank you very much preppy*hippie*chick for the very kind words. I dont mind you calling me Brian one bit. Im trying to improve on the BLRWs I have now, even brought in a couple other bloodlines that I think will make some improvements in mine. I sent you a PM back. I try to help others out when I can. I know all to well how it is trying to get started in something and everyone wants an arm and a leg for what you are wanting. Ive had others help me out in the past so I try my best to help others out too.

Back
Top Bottom