Blue Laced Red Wyndotte chicks growing progress

THANK YOU! BLRWs are really pretty & the breed is a great one to have.

There was a thread, try searching "sexing by comb", it stated a comb that passes the nostril is a cockerel but if it stops above it's a pullet. I'm guessing #1 a pullet but the rest look like cockerels but I'm just guessing.

When I first got involved with chickens, I fell in love with the Orpington breed and had a few chicks that I raised for a friend. Then I got introduced to the Wynadottes, fell in love with them too. To me, both are similar except in size therefore the Wynadottes work for me since I live in a residential area on a small property. BLRW are my favorite but these Blues I just got are "rare" here. A friend got them & I'm caring for them for now, we got the hens but unable to locate the Roo
1f627.png
She has a BLRW Roo but hasn't located anyone that would sell & ship to Hawaii (quarantine & import laws).

Would love to see pics of your "girls" when they mature, can you tell them apart? Didn't think I'd be able to tell the Blues apart, have had them for 4 months now and have learned their personalities & feather patterns. Come March my friend will be picking up two, the remainder will be mine to keep
1f60d.png
Enjoy yours & I hope I'm wrong, and you have more than just one pullet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom