Blue partridge? Anyone got pics?

jossanne

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 11, 2008
Gila, New Mexico
I've got a silkie that I think is blue partridge, but I'm not sure. It is a mixed color, from a pen of blue/black/splash and white birds.

I'd like to see pictures of blue partridge birds, especially silkies, to compare to mine to. Anyone?

Here is mine, 5 weeks old:
P5060035.jpg

P5060046.jpg

I have white/blue/black Silkies and have occasionally hatched one that looks like this - how it that possible? Mine are hatchery stock, so I assumed there must have been a partridge somewhere in ther "pedigree."

"Her" feet and tail are very blue. I'm not seeing any black in there at all, but I've never seen a real silkie before these, either, so I dunno....

Partridge is not a single gene; it is the result of an e^b based bird carrying Pg. Lacing (your blue, black, splash birds are laced) begins with these (e^b + Pg) and adds Ml & Co. If both parents have only one copy of Ml & Co, a percentage of their offspring will be partridge.

Read this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=175990
It
discusses the same thing.

Grey and partridge are the same genetically, except for the silver/gold gene--greys are silver, whereas partridge are gold.

The original photo does not look like ablue partridge. That said, it can be difficult to accurately reflect colours with photography.

I'll try to get some blue partridge photos tomorrow.

Here are photos of one of my blue partridge pullets. The first two photos were taken by at least the end of March--I think they may be a bit older, but that that is when I downloaded them from the camera to the computer, but am not positive on that.

20590_imgp1335--cropped_adj.jpg

20590_imgp1336--cropped_blue_partridge_pullet.jpg

Here is that same litle girl this morning.

20590_imgp0150--cropped.jpg

20590_imgp0119--cropped.jpg

Back
Top Bottom