Blueberry's first family

BooBear

Chicken Cuddler
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
Conroe, Texas
Yep, Blueberry started to lay eggs and only laid for 1 week before she decided to be a momma. As fiesty as she is she got her wish and was given 3 eggs to adopt. 1 egg was hers, another was donated by her best pal Rita, and another from Saphire.

Rita even decided to help Blueberry at the end (until she was given some eggs of her own).
Finally the day came and out zipped an adorable blue Wyandotte chick. Blueberry was very happy with her new baby. Later that same day a cute Silkie chick hatched. The 1rst chick now had a play buddy.

Blueberry made sure her darling babies learned how to drink water and what to eat for food. She called them over excitedly when they were given cold blueberries as a treat. The giant even brought some clean sand for the babies to play in! Blueberry immediately showed them how to take a fun dust bathe. The babies were so happy and loved playing with their momma. The little ones also loved cuddling in momma's soft fluffy feathers.

Blueberry however, did not appreciate her caretaker trying to pet her babies or use the clicking box at them. The babies thought the giant was neat fun and were curious over the clicking box.

The little Silkie: "Momma, look, look, she has the funny box again."
69377_07-26-2011_blueberry_n_chicks3.jpg

Blueberry:"Hey, stop that! The babies need their quiet time!"
69377_07-26-2011_blueberry_n_chicks4.jpg

Yep, Blueberry is enjoying being a momma and is very protective of her precious babies.

Thanks

Yeah I need thick gloves around her though as she has no problem biting me if she thinks I am too close to her babies. They are just sooo cute though.

I love the last photo of her yelling at the camera. Silkies crack me up when they turn into cross mammas. Adorable story.

Yep she is a cucko. The lady I bought her from as a chick sold me her as a blue silkie. Imagine my surprise when her feathers came in with the cucko pattern. I was thrilled cus she grew into a beautiful girl. And fiesty to boot.

Yeah, the little Silkie chick is a tattler. The Wyandotte chick is very curious and friendly.

Saddly, the 3rd egg did not hatch. But, despite this the young family is doing fine.

Back
Top Bottom