Books, books and more books!

I remember reading “The Scarlet Letter”. I loved it. Did you know there is an error in it? I also read “House of Seven Gables” by Hawthorne.

We read “Tale of Two cities” and parts of Canterbury Tales and “Hamlet”.
I think now kids read more contemporary works. My daughter’s 4th grade teacher read “The Indian in the Cupboard” to them. They were breathless waiting for the next installment!

Oh and we read lots of Steinbeck. Whom I also love. A couple of summers ago my hubby and I read all of his books. Delicious!

I’ve read “The Red Pony” a few times after reading it once in school. And we did read “Indian in the Cupboard” I believe in elementary school. I also remember “Animal Farm” in what I’m pretty sure was 8th grade?

Anyone else an Audible addict? I usually prefer classics, but I've been on a fantasy kick lately and am halfway through the Wheel of Time series.
(I'm so cheap and listen while I work at night, so I usually only buy audio books that are 14+ hrs)

Hi guys. I like reading, so I decided to become a student of literature faculty. I see you like reading and like to discuss books you have read. The main idea is to write an essay about my favorite book, but I have no such book. I like world classic and modern novels, detective stories, and fantasy. What should I choose? Maybe it would be better to use a cheap essay writing service? Could they write such an essay? Thanks.
I recently came across the most offbeat book I have ever seen in my entire life. It is House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. It is nothing like a traditional horror novel, it takes the reading experience to a whole new level. you should check this out

I recently came across the most offbeat book I have ever seen in my entire life. It is House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski. It is nothing like a traditional horror novel, it takes the reading experience to a whole new level. you should check this out
I'll check that out.
Another horror/Gothic novel I read recently (well, listen to) was Blackwater by Michael McDowell. Originally published as a series, you can read the complete work as a whole, and its absolutely worth it. Not your traditional horror by any means; I've never read anything else like it.

View attachment 1303949

Do you have a favorite book or a great book suggestion? Please feel free to discuss it on this thread. As I always say, there is nothing like being curled up on the couch on a rainy day sipping a hot cup of coffee and reading a book.

What is your favorite book genre? I love fantasy, action, adventure and occasionally historical fiction.

~Meg :D

(Photo credit: Pinterest)
Love all the same genres.
Fantasy- Lawhead, rothfuss, cronin
Action adventure gets mixed into all…
Historical fiction- Follett, lawhead

Stephan lawhead writes one of the best Robin Hood rewrites EVER. He’s a historian so he explains everything he’s researched on the real myth. It’s his belief in fiction. And his Skin map series is amazing if you like the whole mystical… travel through time to historic places using LEY lines.

reading is perhaps my single most favorite thing to do that I don’t do enough of. BUT… if I do crack open a good book, I’ve been known to finish a novel in a day( it’s happened numerous times)😉

Hello Meg!

I myself love all kinds of books from an animal's point of view. I'm a huge bookworm and read them at a crazy speed :lol:. My favourite series of all time is Warrior Cats and I'm read every one of those books :p. Other books I enjoyed include A Dog's Purpose, The Last Dogs and Survivors.

I'm also into books about chickens (obviously!) and I just love reading all the different information about them.

What a great thread :D
There’s an author from your way and I can’t for the life of me remember his name, but he has a BUNCH of books written animal POV. My favorite was about a herd of red deer. There was one with wolves, and a couple others. Amazing reads though. If I can remember I’ll post back.
… you probably already know who I’m talking about though…

@Taj_MaChicken - Always looking for good suggestions! Just picked back up the Eragon series. Discarded books are my soft spot- I used to bring them home in elementary school in my backpack every time the library or a teacher went to toss them!
LOVED the Eragon series!!! Did you know that the author was 15 when he wrote the first book, and dreamed up the rest. A homeschooler from Colorado…

I have some book recommendations for younger folk, as I'm still a bit too young for adult reads. I generally read fantasy, but some dystopian/YA stuff as well. (when I say dystopian, I mean similar to The Hunger Games or Divergent) I also enjoy realistic fiction.
Like what? I have a 15, and 13 year old. I tend to read a lot of the books I get them before giving to them. Talking points with teen daughters…. They loved THG, and divergent. Another good series, was fablehaven, and the CS Lewis classic chronicles of narnia. BUT magicians nephew, the first book, is the majority favorite, followed by a horse and his boy.

Like what?
I’ve been in a murder mystery phase lately, and really enjoyed A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder, as well as the One of Us is Lying series.
I have a 15, and 13 year old. I tend to read a lot of the books I get them before giving to them. Talking points with teen daughters…. They loved THG, and divergent. Another good series, was fablehaven,
I loved fablehaven!!
and the CS Lewis classic chronicles of narnia. BUT magicians nephew, the first book, is the majority favorite, followed by a horse and his boy.
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom