Please don't buy from a puppy mill.
YES. We're trying our best to spread the word here too. Thank you for fostering!!

Imagine a cute little Boston who finally gets to see the sky and feel the Earth under his feet, dressed in a made to order Faire Isle sweater.
❤️ I came across a few rescue puppy mill Bostons when I was looking to adopt. They don't know how to be a dog and they need so much work. It's so sad. 😭

Shorty came from an Amish puppy mill originally. I got her through a local breeder who gets them occasionally to keep them from going the route of the pet store. I will never apologize for bringing this wonderful girl into our lives. We adore her. Wish they would start by outlawing pet stores selling dogs. Shorty is mostly Boston with a bit of French bulldog. She's 100% love and joy.

Last edited:
One thing I think that helped is changing laws to safeguard the puppies, kittens and ferrets, as well as their new owners. In Michigan, a puppy, kitten, or ferret cannot enter the state without a rabies vaccination. This means no more five week old pets in pet stores. I think the only way around it is if you drive to the puppy mill and buy it, bringing it across state lines yourself.

I had a breeder from an Ohio puppy mill that was turned into a dog pound. The vet wrote ( and this is the county animal shelter ) "worst case of fleas we have ever seen." He also had demodectic mange all over, and a grade 3 heart murmur. Poor fella, but such a character.

Took this photo as I was getting ready to head out today just to test my camera's focus. I meant for it to be deleted later, but...I couldn't delete Dorie's face...
D75_0729sm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom