Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dark Brahma, Monica
big_smile.png
(hasn't laid yet but she is redder each day)

NewChickens9-21-10006.jpg

NewChickens9-21-10015.jpg

NewChickens9-21-10020.jpg

NewChickens9-21-10036.jpg

NewChickens9-21-10045.jpg

Hi all

We took these pair to a local agricultural show and they got placings in their class

the Columbian Buff got 1st place and the silver blue got 2nd

I love these two to bits they are my gentle giants :)

Bhramasblueyandcolumbia.jpg

I love the lacing on dark Brahma. I wish I lived on a farm. Morgan mine looks the same in the face I can't wait to get 4 out of 4.maybe I need to go away for the weekend. Lol

A little of the normal queries I suppose, but I am wondering about egg size with bantam Brahma. I have LF Brahma and large bird get large eggs. I have other bantam breeds (no Brahmas) and some give surprisingly large eggs and others quite small. Anyone out there care to comment?

Quote:
I have had a few Brahma Bantams over the years and believe the Brahma lay one of the largest bantam eggs since they are one of the larger bantams.

I agree with Don, bantam Brahmas lay a very good sized egg. Mine are very good layers as well.

Love seeing people post their Brahmas from outside the US here!
smile.png

. . . Wish I had good lookin' Brahmas, but those are so rare in the US. Perhaps next year I'll get lucky.

Quote:
Hey , thems fightin words.

To me, Brahmas are like Polish. Sure, there's loads of them at hatcheries and loads of people who got them from hatcheries - But you really don't hear often of them from quality breeders. Often if you do, they're rare color varieties. (Tolbunt Polish, Silver/Buff Laced Brahmas)

LOVE yours though, of course.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom