Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Any chance a pullet egg looking like a BO egg? My girl was in the nest I think sitting on the hen egg making load of noise pretending to lay. I never saw the bo go in the nest but I went out for awhile when I got back the large brown egg was there, I don't have any old eggs to compare to..I guess I'll just have to wait till I get 4 eggs out of the 4 girls.

Hey does anyone have the name or contact information of the guy with the Blue Columbian Brahmas?

I am going to be making a trip to Ohio to buy birds, and would love to get a hold of him.

Ok, some pics of my blue brahma pullets, they are about 21 weeks now...

pretty bad side-shot
56402_p1000187.jpg

better one showing true colour
56402_p1000184.jpg

and again for colour
56402_p1000186.jpg

So guys, what do we think? Pink skinned faces and black beaks, no vulture hocks, unlike my roo who is my favourite bird ever, and they are sweet as anything. Not expecting eggs any time soon, but you never know.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to join this thread for quite awhile. I got my Brahmas in February at 7 month old. They are now over a year. I hadn't joined this thread earlier as I had been having problems with my usb port and wanted to join when I could post pics....

Well I went out to take pics today and after a few poor pics my camera died. Anyways here are a few horrible pics of my brahmas...

I was hoping to get some idea of the quality of mine( I am sure its not great they were purchased from an auction) but still interested none the less!

Thanks guys I'm excited to be here!

Here ia a pic of a brahma butt!
27498_100_1231.jpg

Here is a top view of one of my gals.
27498_100_1229.jpg

I love this breed!

I have an unkillable buff brahma rooster, Tony. Everything on our farm has tried to kill him. His tail plummage has been pulled out too many times to count. I think he is about 4ish years old. He is the most docile, personable rooster I have ever met. He isn't tame, but he isn't afraid of us or anything else for that matter. I suspect that explains his catlike ability to survive.

I want more buffs, preferably banties.

Where can I get hatching eggs?

I love these guys. After reading this thread, I definitely want more!

Quote:
Well, I'll tell ya that she isn't a normal hatchery quality girl. You got lucky, because from those photos she looks very nice - No leaking of black or pencilling on her back, nice tail, good head. Very nice. From the top she doesn't look very big, but I'd need to see a side view for a better look.
smile.png

Yay! I thought they may be a bit better quality that regular hatchery stock. I got 3 hens and a roo...I'm embarrased to post a pic of our roo Dalllas...he has a horrible habit of hanging out under the rabbit cages and is permanently stained rabbit pee yellowy brown!

I'll get better pics of them all. They are large, the pic is deceiving, they appear to be almost twice as large as my standard barred rocks. They are great birds and I just love their temperment...they lay poorly though, each individual hen only lays about once every three days and they go broody alot..but I love the looks of them!

It's not really the size I'm talking about, more the width - Brahmas need a nice "rounded" look to them, and from the photo the hen looks a tad narrow. But she certainly is HUGE.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom