Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tims brahma look like quality birds even to my untrained eye, I'm not going to insult anyones birds, but what I'm learning from this thread alone, is great, Ive learned my birds tail feathers are all wrong the few she has and she has black on her back where it shouldn't be,but her legs are nice and clean and nice wings and very nice head and solid body, she isn't show quality but she's beautifyl all the same.

Quote:
Hey , thems fightin words.

To me, Brahmas are like Polish. Sure, there's loads of them at hatcheries and loads of people who got them from hatcheries - But you really don't hear often of them from quality breeders. Often if you do, they're rare color varieties. (Tolbunt Polish, Silver/Buff Laced Brahmas)

LOVE yours though, of course.
smile.png

Get yourself to a one of the larger shows, I think it may change your perspective some. I agree the majority of folks on here are raising hatchery chicks, but everybody has to start somewhere. Most of the serious breeders don't have the, how should I put this, the temperment, to put up with some of the stuff here and don't frequent here much, therefore giving a somewhat skewed view of the quality of Brahmas that are out there.

And thank you, they're coming along.

Last edited:
Quote:
To me, Brahmas are like Polish. Sure, there's loads of them at hatcheries and loads of people who got them from hatcheries - But you really don't hear often of them from quality breeders. Often if you do, they're rare color varieties. (Tolbunt Polish, Silver/Buff Laced Brahmas)

LOVE yours though, of course.
smile.png

Get yourself to a one of the larger shows, I think it may change your perspective some. I agree the majority of folks on here are raising hatchery chicks, but everybody has to start somewhere. Most of the serious breeders don't have the, how should I put this, the temperment, to put up with some of the stuff here and don't frequent here much, therefore giving a somewhat skewed view of the quality of Brahmas that are out there.

And thank you, they're coming along.

I was trying to say that using my bird as a not very good example of the breed and tis birds as good examples, but yea I think if I was making an effort to breed and show my birds I doubt I would have the time to look online.
Thank you, you guys who do take the time to answer our questions its much appreciated!

Thanks guys. Don I had a pullet entered that I was sure was THE best Brahma. I was really suprised when the Judge chose this bird. My Buffs are doing really good so far this season, better than I had hoped. This same bird got RV behind my pullet a couple of weeks ago. Todays Judge was Andy Barnes out of Oklahoma, last show Steve Jones judged.

I remember awhile back I was saying the color of my lt brahma as a chick and found an old pic of my chicks if you look the very dark 1 is the lt brahma, is that strange or what?
55544_2010-03-30_090703.jpg

I got a buff brahma banty at cobleskill yesterday and I absolutely love her. She snuggles. My only regret is that I didn't buy another one. I think the breeder was from Georgetown, NY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom