Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
any sugestions on upper resp in chickens!!??? my bo peep is sick!
Anybody help out? If not this is what works for me.

First: Get them away from everybody else. DO NOT put them in the house. I had some in the house for 2 weeks and never got better. They really need to be outside. When it was cold at night i would put them in the shed. I used a very big dog metal carrier. Put a stick so they can roost on. Enough room for food and water.

Secondly: Get Tylan 50. Do not give the recommended dose of 1/2 cc shot for 3 days. You will be wasting your time. Give them 1cc just under the skin of the breast. Make sure no blood is coming into the needle.

Thirdly: Get some VetRx. Put a good drop in each nostril. Then rub it in,. So they breathe it in. Then put 3 drops down there throat. The water bowl put 5 drops in it. Do this part every day.

In 2-3 days she will be back scratching and moving around. After about the third or fourth day she will be able to go back with the rest. This will work!!!

Last edited:
Tim, was just reading in the Poultry Press that Spence and Williams won super grand champion of show, and grand champion large fowl at the Southwest Exposition and Livestock show at Fort Worth Texas, with a light pullet. Congrates to them.

For some reason I had in my mind they were bantam guys. Maybe I was confusing them with Arbuckle and Rust, or some other dynamic duo. Do you know the history of their flock, seeing that they are fellow Texans and all ?

Tim, was just reading in the Poultry Press that Spence and Williams won super grand champion of show, and grand champion large fowl at the Southwest Exposition and Livestock show at Fort Worth Texas, with a light pullet. Congrates to them.

For some reason I had in my mind they were bantam guys. Maybe I was confusing them with Arbuckle and Rust, or some other dynamic duo. Do you know the history of their flock, seeing that they are fellow Texans and all ?
Tim will know better than I, but Chad had only LF Lights at Shawnee in 2011. I believe they sold out their bantam Buffs around that time.

Here is a picture of my four Light Brahama pullets about 2 weeks ago.

Love!
yippiechickie.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom