Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also, big med, I love your blr. Did you use wyandotte? It is a color I would love to have down the road!! Something I wouldn't mind playing with :)

OMG!! My light's have been through a bad molt for the last 1 1/2 months so haven't been laying. Why they went through a molt this time of year I have no idea. There this years chicks. But one laid an egg for the first time in that long and it was the biggest egg i have ever seen from any chicken. Actually the one she laid yesterday was even bigger.

The white eggs are X-large Leghorn eggs. Look at that thing.
ep.gif

maybe a double yolker, my bantam cochins just started laying, got an egg yesterday that was a big as a sussex's, it was a double yolker, felt so sorry for the little hen that laid it, she doesn't even weigh a pound!

LOL I will! If I'm the one who eats it. I only eat my eggs, but I sell really all the eggs I get from my 30 hens.
ok, hope you're the one to eat it,curious to see, i know the little cochins eggs normally are little but this one was huge, like i said, as big a coronation sussex's, had to mark it to know it came from the cochins side of the coop.
smile.png

ok, hope you're the one to eat it,curious to see, i know the little cochins eggs normally are little but this one was huge, like i said, as big a coronation sussex's, had to mark it to know it came from the cochins side of the coop.
smile.png
wink.png
I get doubles from my Leghorns here and there and I thought those were huge. NOT!! Even close to these. really.

Also, big med, I love your blr. Did you use wyandotte? It is a color I would love to have down the road!! Something I wouldn't mind playing with :)

Just one, a splash laced red Wyandotte male I put over some gold laced "Brahmas", that were a side shoot of my silver laced Brahma project. That son of a gun was nuts, and down the road as soon as I had live chicks on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom