Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way they are my babies. Havent had the chance to tell you I had very good luck with the light eggs 10 out of 12 hatched the other two were clear. Only 3 buff hatched but they are beauties as well That means I have 17 light brahmas Cant wait to see whats what as they grow. The other 2 girls I got from you are doing fine so is the little roo. The other girls pick on him so they are not together yet but he will come into his own soon. lol

Well, I do not know about show quality .... they are very rare.
I would, however, like to have some excellent breeder quality LF Brahmas (instead of hatchery stock).

Me too! Looking for a line on partridge brahmas.​

Thanks Tim I have 5 of them and they are all just as nice. I dont know alot about them but I thought their lacing was very good. I was very fortunate as I purchased 5 chicks a few days old and got 5 pullets. They have become favorites around here. My grandkids call them Grammies little eagles My son named my rooster Griffin for that reason.

Quote:
I love the dark feathering. Lovely!
love.gif

The only brahmas I have now are a trio of bantam darks I got this spring as chicks. They are just starting to come into nice feathering.

Quote:
Me too! Looking for a line on partridge brahmas.

Keep all your fingers and toes crossed - I might have some next year. I have seven hens but recently lost my roo. I was able to get a young cockerel recently, but he's pretty young. I also have one young'un from my roo that looks like he is a young cock, too, but he's just feathering now, so again, maybe next year ...

I absolutely LOVE dark brahmas, I really am attracted to the partridge as well, but them darks are just exceptionally regal looking. Once I got into chickens and got my hands on a pair of darks a couple years ago, I knew those were my favorites, I had a male and female and they were named Hawk and Falkon cause of those serious raptor like faces.

I had had 6, but I was scammed - bought them at a few weeks old, and they were supposed to have to come from good lines - and they weren't at all. I sold them a couple weeks ago, they were hitting 6 months and their coloring and type were completely off - more like hatchery reject quality than anything - I am glad I wasn't attached to them other than one (which my neighbor down the road has him and a girl -
tongue.png
so he's not far) but I am going to wait till fall and contact a few people I've found on here with Darks and a few names I've been given of breeders of darks and see if I can't invest in a pair or two of good quality and start from there.

Dark Brahmas are the one breed of chicken that I want to start an actual breeding program with down the road, and so I want good quality birds to help kick it off right.
wink.png

Quote:
So glad your hatch came out well. I've recently gotten me a Sportmans cabinet incubator so have been hatching lots more. Right now I have buffs that are due to hatch on Friday. I've got some partridge eggs on the way so hopefully will have little partridges come August.

I haven't hatched any dark brahmas in a while so may start some of them on my next incubation cycle.

Quote:
Me too! Looking for a line on partridge brahmas.

Keep all your fingers and toes crossed - I might have some next year. I have seven hens but recently lost my roo. I was able to get a young cockerel recently, but he's pretty young. I also have one young'un from my roo that looks like he is a young cock, too, but he's just feathering now, so again, maybe next year ...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you! I have Lights and lost the only roo I had, hatched out 5 chicks this year and all but 1 turned out to be boys...LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom