Brahma Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK here are my girls. I just love them, so friendly!

98429_2011_293.jpg

98429_2011_292.jpg

98429_2011_290.jpg

Dan you have many beautiful colors of brahmas. im still in the thought process of developing the bantams in buff laced. also i might try white bantams using a Black brahma bantam and a white cornish, and maybe a light brahma. how long have hou been working on the lav. laced?

Zach

Love the lavender laced, can't wait till your flock grows so you can sell some!!

My buff-laced flock is laying really well now with pretty great fertility, hatching tons of the little ones!!

I also love the lavenders, wow! I have lavender Orps and that color is just so nice to look at. Good job!! but i have to say that Champagne is beautiful too.
love.gif

Quote:
I have that model and I like it. I think it's pretty simple and I get great results with many of my hatches. I would research and post this in the Incubating area however instead of here.

I don't have a fan and I have stopped using my turner. I had several hatches that were doing well but then lost many during lock-down from a sudden drop in temp. I believe this is related to taking the turner out and there being a sudden lack of heat added by the motor. That's my belief. If you have two you can set one for incubation and have the second set up for lock-down and hatching. I want to get a second just can't afford it right now. That would make like easier
smile.png

Thank you so much for the advice ItsAZOO32.
smile.png
After much searching and reading and asking many ppl. I discovered that the Genesis 1588 would be my best option as an incubator. I'm looking onto another bator to be my hatcher. It really helps to talk to others about thier experiences, so I know what to expect.

Quote:
Thank you sharing your experiences as well dak. I know I'm doing just the oppsite of what you advised, but I think this one will work as my starter bator for the first year or two, then I will buy a cabinet style bator. I've heard more happy stories than unhappy ones with this bator so far. I really just need something to get me started for my first two years of hatching.

Thank you both for your help.
smile.png

My Buff Laced Brahma 3 months old.....Pullet or Cockerel?
The Partridge pullet behind her is 3.5 months old and her comb is no where near as pink. Can't have roosters so I am always cautious.
wink.png

73072_dsc_3053.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom