Breast cancer: Q&As "URGENT"

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I am sorry for the bad news you got sweetie, but the others are right. Go back through this thread and count all of the survivors on here!!

Of all the cancers to get you want either skin or breast as they have the highest cure rates. The doctor sounds like a good person and sometimes that counts for a lot.

Have you found a cancer support group? (Other than us??)

We're all pulling for ya!!

I'm a writer and I'm starting my carcer book today. I didn't tell any of my friends or relatives for about 6 weeks although I told my friends here on this forum. I felt like I needed to keep it to myself so that I would have time to think about what I wanted to say without being bombarded with questions. Finally yesterday I answered questions. I only told three people but I'm sure plenty already know today which is fine with me. One of my firends has volenteered to be a driver for me so that is great news.

I live in a very rural area but today after speaking with one of my friends on the phone my friend sugested findind a support group and I had thought about your idea in this post. Its snowing here like carzy "IN ALABAMA" We don't know how to deal with the snow lol:lau So I think I will spend the day inside trying to find a support group. I ended up missing a doctors appointment because of this blame snow.

Thanks so much for you idea and concerns.
hugs.gif

Well after being gone for a coons age...we are back and it is so sad that there are several posts on here about cancer. I am a breast and thryoid cancer survivor and a surgical nurse. If you have any questions at all or need any support from someone who has been there, done that, please don't hesitate to contact me!! I had pre-op chemo, a lumpectomy and then radiation. I had a 4 cm tumor, but that was in 2004 and I am alive and healthy today. On March 3 it will be my 6 year all clear. Keep envisioning your healthy future. Laugh, laugh, laugh. And look up information on Spontaneous Healing with Dr. Weir (sp?). I will be praying for you!!! Suz

Quote:
Thanks so much for the invite about the questions. I'm sure I will keep your PM full. I know really nothing on the subject or know no one that has had the disease. That is one reason I'm looking for a support group that isn't to far.

Tomorrow I am supposed to see the doctor that refered me to the surgen that did the lumpactomy. I have been anorexic for 4 years but I had that illness just about in comtrol for a 48 year old woman. I'm going to ask him for a sedative to get me through the 29th when my surgery happens and hopefully something that will make me eat. Just as soon as the doctor said you have cancer it was like {BLAM} I quit eating again just like it happened 4 years ago when I was violently attacked by a stranger. The tried me on 10mg valium but it wasn't strong enough.

I know that I'm losing it because this morning I asked my oldman to get out of bed and through a log on the heater. We were having a conversation and right in the middle of the conversation I told him what I wanted to be baried in. I said this so matter of factly that we could of been talking about what was for breakfast. Man I hope this doctor helps me tomorrow. Or at least helps my friends because I'm scaring the crap out of them.

Thanks again, SARA

I'm sorry, I some how missed this post and am now just catching up. I'm sorry you are going through this. I do know what it is like, scares the crap out of you.

You need to be doing all kinds of reseach on your type of Breast Cancer. (for those of you who don't know, there are several kinds) Mine was HER2 the most aggressive. But look at me, I'm doing great. Learn everything you can. You need a surgeon and an oncologist that are going to be as aggressive as possible. I could have went with lumpectomy, radiation and chemo but......... there was a 85% chance it would come back in the rest of the breast tissue. Not to mention radiation makes you skin less elastic when it comes to reconstruction.

I went with a bilateral masectomy because there was also an 85% chance it would occur in my right breast. Loosing one breast was going to be bad enough so instead of doing it twice I decided to do it all in one shot. I'm glad I did. My surgery was follow by a year of chemo.

Be aggressive! Ask questions! DEMAND answers! This is your body, your life. You are in control, not the cancer

I'm here if you need somone to talk to.

Last edited:
You can ask me ANYTHING!!! ANYTIME!!! Please try to remember the more weight you have on you, the better your chance of survival is. It gives you a cushion literally and figuratively, so please try to keep eating. There is life after cancer and we want you as healthy as possible to enjoy it. I understand the trauma, it is too hard for words to describe, it is deafening, it is crushing, it is debillitating TEMPORARILY until your will to live kicks in and then you can keep going.

No medicine can give you that. That comes from within. You have it there. I promise, you do.

Please, please let me know how I can help you.

Hi guys, I have had my mastacmy{SP} and the beginning process of the recomstruction. I never new something could hurt that bad. I feel like I lost my best friend today. I got sent home with two drainage tubes attached which is quite gross but needed. My sister went with me. The surgery was friday and I got to come home today. My dogs missed me but I think Stormy the pig I bottled fed at 7 days old missed me the most. It just amazes me how sweet and kind hearted pot bellies are. Im sure Stormy thinks I'm here mama.

The news with the surgery was not good. There was cancer found in my lymth nodes. I have to have radiation and kemo. I want find out for a few days what stage or tpye I have. My house feels like doom today.

Since I have become sick I have thought about cutting my hair which is really long and donate to locks of love. I want my life to be as simple as it can be right now. It takes me 30 minutes to dry my hair now. I will probably lose my hair anyway. I love my hair but what do you guys think?

A woman from the steel magnolias foundation came to see me the moring of the surgery with some nice gifts but they made me cry because they were head scarfs and things to wear on your head when you do lose your hair. I'm so lost right now.

Any ladies that are 40 or older please go and have a mamagram. You dont want to go through what I'm going through.

I'm so sorry Sara...
Please try to stay strong..
We all love you and care about you. You're (as usual), in my thoughts...
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Give Stormy a big hug and kisses from me too...

I'm sorry you have had to have this done. It sucks. Chemo and radiation are going to be the pits. BUT you can survive this. Just because it's in your lymph nodes isn't a death sentence. ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE, ATTITUDE. You've got to fight! Fight like your life depends on it because it does!

I'm sorry, I can't hold your hand through this. But I can kick your butt everytime you have a pity party.

You are Woman, let's hear you ROAR!!!

Last edited:
My mom is 62 years old .. in 2009 she discovered she had breast cancer but there was a delay in the diagnosis because her breast hurt and all the doc kept saying was that breast cancer does not hurt... well he was wrong... when it was detected it was the size of a green pea..... by the time they got their act together and removed it, it was the size of a peach. She had a lumpectomy.

It was found in 7 out of the 16 (I think) lymph nodes they removed... she is now cancer free after 4 chemo treatments (3 weeks apart) and 12 weeks of radiation (everyday). she is on a pill for next 5 years... we are coming up to the 1 year anniversary of the last radiation treatment

she never lost hope and wore her bald head with pride... and when questioned about it.. her reply was "my oncologist says this is the latest in fashion" and with that their mouthes dropped and not another word was said

Quote:
You should see the look on the hospital workers face when I tried to explain that I would have to make different sleeping arrangments for stomy and Petunia. So what If I sleep with two pigs, this is Alabama and I beleive that its quite normal.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom