Breast cancer: Q&As "URGENT"

Hey Sara, just found this post. I am sorry to welcome you to the club. I am a survivor, four years and counting, I had a lumpectomy.

Now my best friend is going through it too, but hers is more advanced and more aggressive, so we will see. But, what I see differently in our approaches is this: I needed help. I knew it and I asked for it. I contacted every breast cancer forum and support group I could find. There are bunches and probably one connected to your local hospital. I don't know about you other ladies, everyone handles these stressors differently, but it really helped me talk to other people who not only knew what I was facing, but weren't afraid to talk about it and even make jokes. There seemed to be an enormous amount to learn and not much time to learn in in order to make decisions. I needed help and I asked for it.

My friend refuses to reach out at all. She says she is not doing any touchy feely group thing with strangers. It isn't like that but there is no convincing her. She is fighting constantly with her BF, she is astonishingly (to me) rude and uncooperative to the people trying to treat her. I am certain it is a fear reaction but wow can you think of a less constructive way to help yourself heal?

You reached out on here, try looking for support groups, there are many in person and on-line. There are even people who will go woth you to your appointments to offer support!

Best of luck to you and keep us all posted!
hugs.gif

To Bargain, Lunachick & What in my yard I really appreciate the advice and sugestions for my future. My main concern even if it turns out to the the big C is my other medical problems. I was a victim of a violent assault that happened 4 years ago on the 16th of this month and that day is the day I started starving myself. Full blown anorexia.

What I have been doing extremly aggresively is eating. I have been eating even if I am not hungry and when I have my meals I eat even after I am full. I am eating snack stuff just because. I am doing this because I know my body is way to thin to try and fight any type of disease. I am gaining weight because my cloths are getting tight on me which is a good thing. I will contine doing this until I have gained at least 25 or 30lbs.

What I can't understand is why I was suffering with the anorexia I wouldn't try and save myself the way I'm trying to save myself now. All I can think of is that the big C is real serious but both disease can kill you.

I do a follow up on my surgery on the 9th so I will keep you guys informed. Its really funny because I didn't tell any of my friends what was going on but I told you guys her on the forum.

Sara

I have two days before I find out what the biopsy results are but today I am feeling great. I have suffered with depression for the last 4 years but today I feel no depression at all. I can't figure out why I feel this way today. Its been such a long time since I haven't been sick I don't really know what to do with myself. I've decided at the last minute to learn how to use my new chainsaw. Wish me luck guys and I pray the feelings I'm having will last and that I have good news on the 9th when I get the results from the biopsy.
thumbsup.gif
All I can do now is hope!

Girlee, I'm so glad you are feeling better.....I understand it!!!! A lot of folks are pulling for you, loving you and caring for you and very importantly praying for you ............

Be careful with that chainsaw...........And enjoy that you are getting on with your life................Sometimes the very act of fighting for our life can put us on our path, can't it...........Just a few years ago, I had a very imminent life threatening disease and with God's help, hte help of family friends and doctors and the will to FIGHT it, now it's left me with scar tissue and some side effects, but I am alive and so very very happy about that..........

Come see me.....I have an electric chainsaw and we'll go cut down some wood stuff..... (I was too scared to go for the gas operated jobs!!!!! Not stronjg enough for the pull cord)

It would be good for you and I need some firewood cut....smile

God's blessings always, my BYC friend and near neighbor........oh what's a few 100 miles between friends.

prayers for tomorrow.
fl.gif
sounds like you have a better grasp of things than when you first found out. you're doing some positive things. we're all here for you.
hugs.gif

Hi Sara! I just found this thread. I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this. My mom is a breast cancer survivor, and my aunt just finished up radiation after a lumpectomy last week. You will be in my prayers. I'm sure that God will work everything out for you. I don't know if you are a Christian or not, but this verse has been my foundation through 3 brain surgeries (and countless other surgeries): "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13 Also, Phil 4:6 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." I hope that your surgery goes smoothly tomorrow. Know that a lot of people are thinking about you and praying for you
hugs.gif

Okay.....I just got on board and its the 9th, so Sara, we are all waiting to hear the news. Prayers said and very good thoughts and concerns going your way. Much love.......I know what you meant about not telling your friends as much as you told the forum. But we are all so very much alike if you take the trouble to notice. We got a bond or something. So sorry about your situation and your attack. You will be a stronger person for both of those things. So I am sure we will all be in touch.

Hi guys ,sorry it took me so long to post but I had some bad stuff happen. The day I was supposed to go and get my results, the 9th I had a major panic attack. I couldn't breath, I couldn't think correctly. It was one of the worst panic attacks I have ever had. My doctor called me on wednesday and convinced me to come in that afternoon because he said he was going out of town for a week and he wanted me to get my results before he left. Of course when he told me that I already knew that it was cancer.
I got my sister to drive me because I was a mess and the first words out of the doctors mouth before he said hello or anthing he said you have cancer. Then we had to come up with a plan with what to do about it. I had a mass removed on the 22nd so this time I will have a mastectamy{sp}. He said this way I wouldn't have to have any radation. While I am in the surgery for the mastectamy, right after that is done a plactic surgen will start the process of my reconstructory of my breast. This blowed me away because I have medicare and they said that medicare pays for the surgery for the reconstruction. Man that still blows me away. The platic surgey also said if the breast don't match up correctly that medicare will allow him to fix my other breast so they match.
My doctor that is removing my breast left the room after he told me it was cancer because I started to cry. When he returned he looked at me and said when I first met him I told him it was cancer, and I did tell him that. I do like the doctor that is doing my mastectamy. He will also be takeing out 4 or 5 lympth nodes to have them tested and if they are positive for cancer then either radition or kemo{sp} will be the next step.
I'm tryin to keep the attetude that it is what it is but I know that will be hard to do at times. I am starting a cancer journal but my oldman Snakeman or my sister Kimberly neither one want me to. I know they are both keeping a brave face on for me.
Thanks everyone one for your well wishes and storys. I will keep this thread updated just as soon as there is something new to tell.

Sara

I'm so sorry Sara.. I'm not good with words..(i hate that about myself..
hmm.png
) ..just PLEASE know that i am thinking of you so much.
hugs.gif
fl.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom