Breed and sex please!!!

NatalieB

Songster
10 Years
Jun 27, 2009
Ashby, MA
I bought the variety pack from Gabbard Farms----now I have a ton of chicks and they all look the same! 4 weeks old.
I am supposed to have:
BLRW
Pumpkin Hulsey
GLW
Australorp
BCM
Welsummer
Partridgr Penedesenca
EE
Blue Andalusian

Please Help!
big_smile.png

35463_004.jpg

35463_006.jpg

35463_012.jpg

35463_011.jpg

35463_010.jpg

35463_008.jpg

#1 Not sure, maybe Australorp?
#2 BCM's
#5 The blue one is the Andalusian, The other one (I think) is the Penedesenca.
#6 Those are your Welsummers.

And pic #3, the one on the left looks like it could be your BLRW. And the one on the bottom right looks like it may be a BLRW (splash), but it has the wrong comb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think #3 are your ee's, but I don't think #1 are australorps I had 2 of those last year and they didn't look like that but I may be wrong. It wouldn't be the first time.

#1's look identical to the BA's i got this year from the feed store, right down to the light colored toes. Actually our birds are the same amount feathered out too lol.

In picture 1 there are 2 different breeds. The one in the back with the blue/slate color in the legs is a Andalusian (Black) the other chicke with the Yellow legs is a Australorp..
Picture 2 the one on the right could be a Australorp and the one on the left I cant see the leg color..
Picture 3 the one in the back is a EE the one in the middle is a Partridgr Penedesenca (I beleve) and the one in the front is a Pumpkin Hulsey..
Picture 4 no idea cant see the legs color
Picture 5 the one in the front is a Blue Andalusian the one in the back that looks like a Rhode Island Red could be your BLRW..
Picture 6 look like Welsummers

Chris

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom