Breeding a lavender to a buff

22lilchickens

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 3, 2014
Virginia
I have A huge beautiful lavender orpington rooster, I aso have one lavender hen, I have 5 buff orpingtons hens also if I let my rooster breed them what colors could come from the breeding?

You would get the same as from crossing black to buff except that your offspring will be split for lavender. Google black/buff cross. They're quite interesting-looking birds.

welcome-byc.gif
Great looking birds. Love those Lavenders. I am going to be ordering some Lavender Australorp eggs in the spring. Can't wait. Check out our different threads. I'm very interested in the fermented feed, deep litter and my state La thread. Check out your state. Any questions pls private message me and I'll be happy to help.

All the chicks will be black (splits). In the next year breed the splits to each other (sibling mating). 25% of those chicks will show the effect of lavender. Any buff will be a light straw color. Hopefully out of the 25% there will be a few messy light straw colored ones most likely with darker tales. In year 3 you take those messy buff/lavs and breed to pure buff again. In year 4 breed the splits together to get the 25% lav birds. Keep repeating this process until you have the black breed out and have a solid light straw colored bird.

Back
Top Bottom