Breeding Aseels

Some of those birds fly little if at all. Some asil fly. Will agree that it is not a discussion worth having with pretend biologists.

Wondering what kind of junk birds got pawned off on someone making these "observations". Walk like a penguin=cull.

You guys are smoking something. Only penguins walk like the orientals.

Not following you there chief. My aseels don't walk like penguins, they walk like wild turkeys:

Whether orientals have a separate wild ancestor from the bankivoids is a separate question from whether the oriental body type can survive in the wild on principle.

More than anything, it was clear to me early on that all aseel are not equivalent birds. Some lines have a very high stance while others have a more traditional stance. I purposely chose the line or sub-breed that reminds me of a wild turkey and otherwise has a body type that looks like it would be successful as a free range bird. Long legs with a more medium and balanced station, a forward stance to go along with their station, full and healthy feathers with developed tails, broad and long wings. Those traits could very well be bankivoid traits infused into them at an earlier time. That's all irrelevant for my purposes.

I can't speak at all to their instincts, which is as much or more important that build itself for how well they're survive. As my goal is a fusion between them and my little JF hybrids, I'm betting I can tease out the best of both sets to get a superior free range bird than either.

Lets clarify,we are talking about Aseels. The other stuff is not. The other Asians are not. Making crosses is not. Aseels are not bred for free-range. They are bred for keeping in tight quarters that are very well tighly managed with food options very close to people food. Aseels are different because selective forces on them are very different. They do not look different because of magic or being derived from a different wild ancestor.

Flying 30 or even 100 feet in a straight line with afterburners on and butt hanging down is not what I call good flight. Birds that fly well can go considerably farther and actually glide, and even turn in flight.

Lets clarify,we are talking about Aseels.

Right, and I was most certainly talking about aseels only when you quoted me and you said something about me smoking drugs and penguin walking orientals. So it seems to me the implication you intended was that you were lumping aseels into that argument until you got called out on it.

I bet an aseel of proper breeding can fly well enough to knock that chip off your shoulder. I don't know what your problem is.

Right, and I was most certainly talking about aseels only when you quoted me and you said something about me smoking drugs and penguin walking orientals. So it seems to me the implication you intended was that you were lumping aseels into that argument until you got called out on it.

I bet an aseel of proper breeding can fly well enough to knock that chip off your shoulder. I don't know what your problem is.
I am further along in learning curve with them. I am calling you out all along. You are full of beans.

Wrong. There are many asils free ranged in asil homelands. They are referred to as desi fowl. They are colder blooded derivatives of hot bred competition lines. They are literally everywhere in many regions. Just the same as the Ga Noi or Thai that live in every village in their homelands. They do very well in the wild, because they have completely different instincts. If they reacted to predators in the same way that American games do, they wouldn't last long, because of their build, but they don't, they make very good use of the way they are designed.

There are literally dozens of species of birds that have lived exclusively in the wild for most of their existence that run more than fly to escape predators. They may dive headlong into vegetation, freeze, or give a very short burst of flight and then run, only to dive into dense vetation or hide motionless behind a tree. A lot of those birds are more plentiful than wild red junglefowl, so it must work. That would lead the enlightened to conclude that a bird does not have to behave exactly like a wild red junglefowl to survive in the wild.

There are literally dozens of species of birds that have lived exclusively in the wild for most of their existence that run more than fly to escape predators. They may dive headlong into vegetation, freeze, or give a very short burst of flight and then run, only to dive into dense vetation or hide motionless behind a tree. A lot of those birds are more plentiful than wild red junglefowl, so it must work. That would lead the enlightened to conclude that a bird does not have to behave exactly like a wild red junglefowl to survive in the wild.
Maybe you should share knowledge elsewhere. The thread, from its conception, does not align with you. It is about breeding Aseels, not the other breeds.

Back
Top Bottom