Bringing home a new cat tomorrow. What should I know?

This just came out. Wht is this? I am super worreid
20220425_151221.jpg

You mean she is pregnant and in labor (or at least sounds like she is or could be?) What the heck?! I am sorry you have been misled. I am not sure what that is, could it be an deformed fetus? Hope she is ok.

You mean she is pregnant and in labor (or at least sounds like she is or could be?) What the heck?! I am sorry you have been misled. I am not sure what that is, could it be an deformed fetus? Hope she is ok.
I don't know if she's in labour I don't see any straining or contractions she is excessively grooming her self and panting.

He just told me that she was bred on 3rd March. I'm even more worried now the gestation period hasn't even finished yet.

Agreed it might have been an abortion. Such a shame to have this deception thrust on you. I've never had a cat have issues with birthing. They usually get on fine on their own.

She should be fixed once the kitten situation is sorted out. There are medical benefits for her. Eliminates the risk of reproductive-based medical issues entirely.

She absolutely needs to be locked\confined for at least the first week after moving home. Maybe longer depending on her temperament. Last year, we took in a feral (as in actual feral). It took a month before she was ready to be allowed free access to all areas of the house and she was not good going outside as she seemed to have a bit of ptsd from her feral days. We kept her in a fabric puppy play pen for the first 2 weeks in the livingroom so she could get used to us. She did end up a lovely friendly cat, but took months and patience before she even felt comfortable climbing into a lap.

Back
Top Bottom