Bringing home a new cat tomorrow. What should I know?

A cat will have kittens on her own when it's time. Depending on how far along she is you might be able to abort them at the vets if it's early. It's sad. But so is unwanted kittens on the streets dieing. She looks like a short haired ragdoll. Her kittens, if they look like her, can be valuable. That cloud pattern on her back is rare. Just make sure she has a dark safe cozy place to have her little ones. Lots of clean water and good food. Cats have a 9 to 10 week pregnancy. They are close to birthing when the hair around the nipples falls out, they eat less, and start nesting. They will pace and cheap and change behavior when they get close to labor. My cat had kittens on my lap. Your see her pushing and contracting in the belly. Good luck. And I hope you are able to get her spayed. Cats live longer if you spay them and they don't pee on everything or go into heat.

Agreed it might have been an abortion. Such a shame to have this deception thrust on you. I've never had a cat have issues with birthing. They usually get on fine on their own.

She should be fixed once the kitten situation is sorted out. There are medical benefits for her. Eliminates the risk of reproductive-based medical issues entirely.

She absolutely needs to be locked\confined for at least the first week after moving home. Maybe longer depending on her temperament. Last year, we took in a feral (as in actual feral). It took a month before she was ready to be allowed free access to all areas of the house and she was not good going outside as she seemed to have a bit of ptsd from her feral days. We kept her in a fabric puppy play pen for the first 2 weeks in the livingroom so she could get used to us. She did end up a lovely friendly cat, but took months and patience before she even felt comfortable climbing into a lap.
She is very calm and trusting. She has attached herself to me already. I have her confined in a room upstairs. Will get her spayed.

A cat will have kittens on her own when it's time. Depending on how far along she is you might be able to abort them at the vets if it's early. It's sad. But so is unwanted kittens on the streets dieing. She looks like a short haired ragdoll. Her kittens, if they look like her, can be valuable. That cloud pattern on her back is rare. Just make sure she has a dark safe cozy place to have her little ones. Lots of clean water and good food. Cats have a 9 to 10 week pregnancy. They are close to birthing when the hair around the nipples falls out, they eat less, and start nesting. They will pace and cheap and change behavior when they get close to labor. My cat had kittens on my lap. Your see her pushing and contracting in the belly. Good luck. And I hope you are able to get her spayed. Cats live longer if you spay them and they don't pee on everything or go into heat.
She has a lot of fur but I can still clearly see the nipples. She is eating less and moving around less. Took her to the vet, he says she should deliver by the end of the week give or take a few days.

She has a lot of fur but I can still clearly see the nipples. She is eating less and moving around less. Took her to the vet, he says she should deliver by the end of the week give or take a few days.
If she trusts you and is bonding keep her company as much as she will tolerate. I have had multiple strays, almost all the females are preggo when I get them. They all have seemed to insit on me being present during the birth.

Took her to the vet today. He said it's not a fetus nor a placenta but also didn't tell me wht it was?? He said she's fine and should deliver by the end of the week give or take a few days if she doesn't then ultrasound will be needed.

X2 on getting her spayed. Many rescues / humane society type places are affordable. There's really no reason not to.
I don't know anything about her breed. She is a cutie, though!
Yep get her spayed, have the litter and everything ready. If she’s going to be a inside cat use the MY SITTY KITTY (on Amazon) it’s pretty cool!!!

She, nor her offspring are worth no large sum of money unless she has purebred papers.

Yep get her spayed, have the litter and everything ready. If she’s going to be a inside cat use the MY SITTY KITTY (on Amazon) it’s pretty cool!!!
Amazon doesn't deliver to Pakistan 😔. I have enough savings to get her spayed unless I spend them on other medical related items or treatment.

What do you all do about all the hair I brushed her for 30 minutes but still get covered in hair.

Back
Top Bottom