Brinsea Incubator - Opinions PLEASE!

I bought a Sportsman last week..... guess I'm officially addicted.
hide.gif

Test Drive!
lau.gif

You keep testing in the house and you will be doing lots of dusting
big_smile.png

Congratulations you are gonna love it. i use a funnel and clear tubing to fill my reservoir once a day so i only open it a few times a month to do an egg check
wink.png

Last edited:
You keep testing in the house and you will be doing lots of dusting
big_smile.png

Congratulations you are gonna love it. i use a funnel and clear tubing to fill my reservoir once a day so i only open it a few times a month to do an egg check
wink.png

It will actually be in our spare bedroom with the door shut, so the dust will hopefully stay in there. The reservoir that came with it seems huge, does it use up all that water in 1 day?

Dang, you bought a new one! Congrats, it looks great! What are you going to hatch first?

-Kathy

I think I will mostly just hatch Peas. I like my chickens but they are driving me nuts with pooping up the barn. You would think with 15 acres they would be out foraging all the time, but I think they go out for about an hour each morning and the rest of the time they just walk up and down the center aisle of the barn and Poop. And I got the new one, cause I didn't want to inherit anyone else's bacteria! Paid for it with feather $$$, so it's a business expense.
lau.gif

Last edited:
I think I will mostly just hatch Peas. I like my chickens but they are driving me nuts with pooping up the barn. You would think with 15 acres they would be out foraging all the time, but I think they go out for about an hour each morning and the rest of the time they just walk up and down the center aisle of the barn and Poop. And I got the new one, cause I didn't want to inherit anyone else's bacteria! Paid for it with feather $$$, so it's a business expense.
lau.gif
Oh I so hear you about the pooping in the barn. Until my second coop and run is ready I am using an empty horse stall as a grow out pen. Hubby is NOT to happy with the dust, smell, and the POOP everywhere! I switched to all heavy free range breeds and it's bit better... but not much! I have stopped giving scratch or treats of any kind, as I think it creates a bunch of birds just following me around waiting for twinkies... in the from of scratch and mealworms!

Uggggg
MB

Get you hubby to build you a box out of sheet metal, my hubby built me one for each of mine, very easy to sanitize and keep clean, you will need to put a light towel under it because of the condensation, i never used the black cardboard box.

Zaz, I'm not hatching in it, at least that's the plan right now. My hovabator and other hatcher still work and between the 2 I can fit about 30 eggs in them for hatching. Do you still think I need to have hubby make me a sheet metal tray? What egg tray/racks do you use, picture please, if you have one.

Zaz, I'm not hatching in it, at least that's the plan right now. My hovabator and other hatcher still work and between the 2 I can fit about 30 eggs in them for hatching. Do you still think I need to have hubby make me a sheet metal tray? What egg tray/racks do you use, picture please, if you have one.

No, you're hatching in the OTHER one that you are gonna buy next
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom