BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Pics
What are your opinions on how many bucks per breed? Do you risk it and assume nothing will happen your one buck? Or do you always have a back up of some sort?
I personally plan on keeping two or three, but only because a couple of mine are too closely related so I need the additional bucks for pairs or trios that are not related. At least for the time being.

Can you send a picture of her?
269CF79E-17AA-4BC3-823F-BC354FE2938C.jpeg
184F0F1E-1581-4C5E-B77B-BE821B9A8871.jpeg
B5DA44F0-E91D-4A3A-BD51-28AD2FBCED43.jpeg
7730B0D6-D1A3-4B8A-AEA9-C0CD73B52957.jpeg

I asked the breeder who I got my rabbits from and she is thinking Broken Smoke Pearl. What do you think? Or anyone else can weigh in on it…
Her color really changed from when she was little.

Hmm. Gandalf is a smoke pearl and it much, much darker than she is. I asked a few friends, let me get back to you on what they say.
Ok thank you! I’ve asked a couple others too. Someone suggested Facebook groups for mini lops but I don’t use Facebook. One person on rabbit nutter page said Siamese Smoke Pearl. So I’ve heard many different answers lol.

Ok thank you! I’ve asked a couple others too. Someone suggested Facebook groups for mini lops but I don’t use Facebook. One person on rabbit nutter page said Siamese Smoke Pearl. So I’ve heard many different answers lol.
I'm thinking a broken sable point.

Your pictures of her look a lot like this.
View attachment 3228837View attachment 3228838
I took some outside pictures for better lighting. Pictures may be throwing everyone off also and maybe someone will have to see her in person. The superintendent thought she could be something completely different than what others have said. She must be a very tricky color because I’ve heard at least 6-7 possible different colors 😂 I told the superintendent of the rabbit show, maybe between all the rabbit people and judges, we can all decide what her color should be on her pedigree.
0499854D-2837-4ED9-B75D-97F75D2FF928.jpeg
FD5D711D-5A94-4669-A1C9-6268377097A1.jpeg
CCFF211B-5394-4B32-B152-314C4BB39FA2.jpeg

I took some outside pictures for better lighting. Pictures may be throwing everyone off also and maybe someone will have to see her in person. The superintendent thought she could be something completely different than what others have said. She must be a very tricky color because I’ve heard at least 6-7 possible different colors 😂 I told the superintendent of the rabbit show, maybe between all the rabbit people and judges, we can all decide what her color should be on her pedigree. View attachment 3228860View attachment 3228859View attachment 3228868
Ok three breeders advised she’s a broken smoke Pearl, so that’s what I’m going with. One of the breeders is out of Washington and has her own website with colors listed. She has raised them for many years and does shows and has studied genetics extensively she said. She also said one of the parents must have carried the shaded gene. Which I’m kind of hoping was Hershey - my broken chocolate since Quinn passed.

Ok three breeders advised she’s a broken smoke Pearl, so that’s what I’m going with. One of the breeders is out of Washington and has her own website with colors listed. She has raised them for many years and does shows and has studied genetics extensively she said. She also said one of the parents must have carried the shaded gene. Which I’m kind of hoping was Hershey - my broken chocolate since Quinn passed.
Absolutely! So will you focus on shades? I will be breeding dilute which is tricky! So creams, blues, blue frosted pearls... There are a few others that fall into that category, but those will be the main colors. Cute colors :)

Back
Top Bottom