BRM's Bunny Thread! ❤️🐰❤️

Pics
Yes, I will start off with three for breeding and as pets. I am working on the hutch design.😄 Hopefully I will start it this weekend! Besides frosted pearls, do you have any blue eyed bunnies? I've been really interested in the Vienna gene.
I have no blue eyed rabbits. All of my plush carry it except Gandalf.

It is your decision. Totally is. But I would ABSOLUTELY NOT suggest breeding Hollands. It is SO, SO hard. I have friends who have been trying all year with 3 does and have had one 'successful' litter which lost 4 kits and had only 2 left. They had a doe die during pregnancy and another who would have died had they not helped her a pulled her dead kit out just barely saving her life. If you love lops, go with mini lop or mini plush! Where are do you live? Like what big city is closest to you?

It is your decision. Totally is. But I would ABSOLUTELY NOT suggest breeding Hollands. It is SO, SO hard. I have friends who have been trying all year with 3 does and have had one 'successful' litter which lost 4 kits and had only 2 left. They had a doe die during pregnancy and another who would have died had they not helped her a pulled her dead kit out just barely saving her life. If you love lops, go with mini lop or mini plush! Where are do you live? Like what big city is closest to you?
The problem with Hollands and any rabbits carrying the dwarf gene is you either get 50% peanuts, or you breed with one parent not carrying the dwarf gene, but only get 25% dwarfs in the litter.

A big city close to me is jacksonville, FL that's about a 2 hour drive from where I live. Do you know any mini lop breeders close to my area? I know about the dwarf gene. The reason I was thinking about Holland lops was because I don't go on Facebook. I could only find websites with Holland lops near me. If a breeder has a Facebook page though, I will still be interested!

The problem with Hollands and any rabbits carrying the dwarf gene is you either get 50% peanuts, or you breed with one parent not carrying the dwarf gene, but only get 25% dwarfs in the litter.
Yeah, that was my drawback to hollands.😔 I actually think a dwarf to a dwarf you get 25% peanut 50% dwarf and 25% non dwarf.

A big city close to me is jacksonville, FL that's about a 2 hour drive from where I live. Do you know any mini lop breeders close to my area? I know about the dwarf gene. The reason I was thinking about Holland lops was because I don't go on Facebook. I could only find websites with Holland lops near me. If a breeder has a Facebook page though, I will still be interested!
Really, really don't go with Hollands. Such a tricky breed. So many birthing difficulties. Depends on how far you want to drive, but @BenlynFarm is down there, right? Maybe a state or two away? 🤣

Back
Top Bottom