Broody hatch-a-long!!! With Pippin!

Pics
:( I know it may not work for you, but eggs can hatch shell-less in an incubator, probably not at this point in time though... :( ...do you have more eggs? You could always set more...?
I don't have an incubator, that's why I'm so excited to have a broody. She has 6 eggs left but I couldn't see veins in the others so I'm not sure they're alive. Can I still add eggs under her at this point?? It's already been 8-9 days since she started.

I'm so sorry
It's ok, the hen doesn't seem to mind. I was feeling guilty. When I took her out of the nest she sort of melted flat on the ground I wasn't expecting that. I had to bring her food and water because she wasn't going anywhere.

I don't have an incubator, that's why I'm so excited to have a broody. She has 6 eggs left but I couldn't see veins in the others so I'm not sure they're alive. Can I still add eggs under her at this point?? It's already been 8-9 days since she started.

It's ok, the hen doesn't seem to mind. I was feeling guilty. When I took her out of the nest she sort of melted flat on the ground I wasn't expecting that. I had to bring her food and water because she wasn't going anywhere.
Yes, you could add more eggs, since the rest are not developing...just make sure they ARE truly duds or it may be an issue

It's so great Pippin lets me hold them and the chicks are so sweet to both Pippin and Me!
I'm so envious, I want my own fluffer butts to hold too!

That's better. No one likes tumbling babies...
Just read your signature and it made me lol!

It's a big crack, I dropped another egg on it and the side caved in. I never broke an egg before and my first had to be that one :(
Did it break the membrane? Apparently you can seal it back up with some candle wax...

20210609_074109_HDR.jpg
20210609_074036_HDR.jpg
20210609_074040_HDR.jpg
20210609_074153_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom