Bubble foot?

HappyDuckies

Chirping
Aug 18, 2015
094F2ED4-6492-4062-B817-37619F1877F6.jpeg
030AE641-45AF-483A-9AE4-DBCD3D720F11.jpeg
046E1810-DEA5-49D1-8899-62354147BD02.jpeg

Hey guys, so I think my sweet Sadie has bumblefoot. I was wondering if it’s early enough to where I can treat it or if I need to take her to the vet.

View attachment 1898863 View attachment 1898862 View attachment 1898860
Hey guys, so I think my sweet Sadie has bumblefoot. I was wondering if it’s early enough to where I can treat it or if I need to take her to the vet.
I've treated this on a roo. That looks like a good enough scab that you can remove it and the kernel inside. Soak the foot in warm water and Epsom salt for a few minutes to soften the scab. Dry the foot and apply alcohol or betadine to steralize. Then use sterile tweezers and remove it. You may have to dig around to remove the whole kernel and squeeze to get everything out. Once out I always wash the foot with antibac soap and dry it. Put more betadine or alcohol then use a wound spray or something similar. Wrap the foot with vet wrap and a cotton ball placed on the hole the bumble foot left. If you don't have wound spray you can pack it with antibac ointment (not pain relief one) and a gauze and wrap it. That's how I treated my roos once. He was fine within 3 or 4 days healed nicely. Good luck!

I've treated this on a roo. That looks like a good enough scab that you can remove it and the kernel inside. Soak the foot in warm water and Epsom salt for a few minutes to soften the scab. Dry the foot and apply alcohol or betadine to steralize. Then use sterile tweezers and remove it. You may have to dig around to remove the whole kernel and squeeze to get everything out. Once out I always wash the foot with antibac soap and dry it. Put more betadine or alcohol then use a wound spray or something similar. Wrap the foot with vet wrap and a cotton ball placed on the hole the bumble foot left. If you don't have wound spray you can pack it with antibac ointment (not pain relief one) and a gauze and wrap it. That's how I treated my roos once. He was fine within 3 or 4 days healed nicely. Good luck!
Are there any limitations to getting in the water afterwards? They have access to the lake so should I keep her inside?

I'm my opinion I would keep her from the water until the hole the Kernel leaves heals up. That could just be another infection.
So I’m actually having a bit of trouble. We got the scab off and we tried to cut out the kernel but it hurt her really bad and I’m scared I’ll do permanent damage. I couldn’t even see the kernel. Any tips?

So I’m actually having a bit of trouble. We got the scab off and we tried to cut out the kernel but it hurt her really bad and I’m scared I’ll do permanent damage. I couldn’t even see the kernel. Any tips?
I have a vet appointment for 4, but surgery for a vet would cost a ton and I’m really hoping to save the money from my upcoming birthday for college.

Back
Top Bottom